Tektite on How Its Made

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There were a couple of threads on this when it came out back a year(?) ago. I just can't find them this moment.

Still cool to see though.

Scott@Tektite

Newly Enlightened
That must be the version shown in Britain, judging by the accent. I recorded the U.S. version when it was on here.

The production company is Canadian. The BBC does also run it, I'm told.

FYI- The film crew was here for 7-1/2 hours, the first "Raw cut" was 15 min., the final version 4.5 minutes. :wave:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was excited yet disappointed when I first saw it....I was hoping more would have been shown.

Some of the How It's Made shows have double segments...I was hoping for a double on flashlights.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The production company is Canadian. The BBC does also run it, I'm told.

FYI- The film crew was here for 7-1/2 hours, the first "Raw cut" was 15 min., the final version 4.5 minutes. :wave:

Scott, thanks for input. Amazing how they can edit. Scott, I was checking your posts and threads, her and on Market Place. Would you consider doing more here on CPF re your light business. Your company is well thought of and it would be nice if you brought us up to date on your products, and what you might offer down the road. Maybe I am asking too much of you, and you would prefer to be just a member like everyone else and not be involved in the selling aspects of your business, and I respect that, if it is the case.

Bill

Patriot

Flashaholic
That was very good. I saw it a while back, maybe 6-8 months ago on the show. It's neat that they visited Tektite and I respect them as a manufacturer.

Scott@Tektite

Newly Enlightened
Scott, thanks for input. Amazing how they can edit. Scott, I was checking your posts and threads, her and on Market Place. Would you consider doing more here on CPF re your light business. Your company is well thought of and it would be nice if you brought us up to date on your products, and what you might offer down the road. Maybe I am asking too much of you, and you would prefer to be just a member like everyone else and not be involved in the selling aspects of your business, and I respect that, if it is the case.
Bill

Thanks for the request, and the sprit it's offered. I don't want to give the impression I'm too busy for CPF, but my postings have usually been limited to answering questions, or providing clarifications, regarding the Tekna and Tektite brands. This usually happens when I'm checking incoming link stats on our websites, and someone has posted a tread with a link to one of our pages; I can simply backlink, and immediately see the thread, and if it needs my input. Repeat this procedure for many other forums, and you can see that it can rapidly eat up my time. Since I spend a large part of my day on the computer, I usually don't even think about going online in the evening and weekends (reserved for family time).

We tried a Manufacturer's corner thread some time ago, perhaps I should revisit that idea. In the meantime, I'll try to post some more...looking at it now, less than 200 posts in 8 years is pretty lame, isn't it?:shakehead

CPF- my first forum

Scott@Tektite

Newly Enlightened
I was excited yet disappointed when I first saw it....I was hoping more would have been shown.
Some of the How It's Made shows have double segments...I was hoping for a double on flashlights.

BR, If you're ever in the area, feel free to stop in for the nickel tour. Just PM in advance to make sure I'll be in.

That is an open invite to all CPF members, too (just don't all crowd in at once).

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
BR, If you're ever in the area, feel free to stop in for the nickel tour. Just PM in advance to make sure I'll be in.

That is an open invite to all CPF members, too (just don't all crowd in at once).

Thanks for your responses. I did notice that you had had a thread in the Market Place. Years ago when I was sort of new to CPF and just getting into LED lights more, I noticed some of your lights at C. Crane's store in Fortuna CA. The aluminum ones were simply heavy duty, big but solid feeling, and would certainly heat sink some of the power LEDs available today, which I notice you are now using. I have some questions, and I will go the Market Place to ask them.

Bill

Scott, I posted in your old thread in the Market Place. Had a hard time finding it, so here is a link to the page. http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2121631

Bill

Last edited:

Scott@Tektite

Newly Enlightened
... Years ago when I was sort of new to CPF and just getting into LED lights more, I noticed some of your lights at C. Crane's store in Fortuna CA. ...

We used to produce the Crane lights in Petaluma, only 200 mi. down 101. Occaisionally, we would drive or fly (in a Cessna) product to them if they ran short. Always enjoyed that drive...:tired:

KingGlamis

Banned
Hey Scott, I really like the lights your company produces but if I may offer a suggestion... I think it would help a lot to put better pictures of your products on your website. I only see one very small picture per flashlight and most seem to be low resolution. Many of us consider "looks" in addition to performance when selecting a light. Just giving my two cents.

Scott@Tektite

Newly Enlightened
Hey Scott, I really like the lights your company produces but if I may offer a suggestion... I think it would help a lot to put better pictures of your products on your website. I only see one very small picture per flashlight and most seem to be low resolution. Many of us consider "looks" in addition to performance when selecting a light. Just giving my two cents.

Yes the photos are low res, to work with the current (old) platform. We are looking to hire a new designer for upgrades to our websites, the last 2 we hired have not performed as promised.

billbebob

Newly Enlightened
Definitely a cool video.had not seen it in years. I bought a expedition ls4 light from them. Great light tough as nails.