Just ordered an E2E, now buying a rechargeable light

dmatic

Newly Enlightened
Wow this hobby is catching on fast, 2 flashlights in the past 2 weeks and about to be 3, i need a rechargeable flashlight to keep by the nightstand, to grab and go if you know what i mean.
i am buying a surefire so will just use a converter i guess

i need it to be the most reliable surefire i can get

reliability is #1 this light is meant to be used and abused
tail cap or twisty, just has to work every time

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow this hobby is catching on fast, 2 flashlights in the past 2 weeks and about to be 3, i need a rechargeable flashlight to keep by the nightstand, to grab and go if you know what i mean.
i am buying a surefire so will just use a converter i guess

i need it to be the most reliable surefire i can get

reliability is #1 this light is meant to be used and abused
tail cap or twisty, just has to work every time
The SureFire 10X Dominator is bombproof.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Congratulations on jumping headfirst into your new hobby, I see some flashoholism on the horizon.

One of my favorite things is Surefire lego, and with the E2e, you've made a great start. To adapt for your nightstand, how about a KL4 LED head and a rechargeable 17670?

daloosh

buickid

Enlightened
Or if you want rechargeable, the Lumens Factory EO-E2R (with 2 ICR16340) works great for me! You could run a EO-E1R with a ICR17670 as a LOLA

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I would recommend the 8AX/NX Commander or the Dual Output 9AX Commander. Both Kits come the DC/AC chargers and two batteries. I have had my 8AX for years still shining strong. Pros: SF reliability Cons: no HOLA or mods available or from what I have seen. If this is for the nightstand get the lanyard for added insurance (avoids being dropped while half asleep) Just my 2 cents.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm fond of my 8X (discontinued, old version of the 8AX) but I've had bad luck with the X80 lamps it takes. One it came with (and the reason I got it... the first owner returned it, and it sat at the store until they closed and someone listed their lights on the Marketplace) didn't make contact with a B90, and the next one let in air and the glass turned funny colors as the filament oxidized. That said, I also have a Laser Products one from waybackwhen that's still going strong.

Moral of the story is always have spares for critical components in critical roles. If that one doesn't come on, I reach for a 9Z kept near it. (and if that doesn't come on... ;) )

That said, for bump-in-the-night duty, I'd lean toward the 10X Dominator. Two bulbs in one body, should one fail; it's also considerably brighter and BITN events do tend to call for brighter at times.