A life changing decision.......

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having just re read through this post it appears very long, please bear with me, I need your help……..

Oh boy, where to start. OK, well I guess for the last 6 to 9 months not everything has been going too well in our marriage. It was little things at first, like she started keeping her mobile phone on her all the time, never let me go near it, and started taking calls in the garden so I couldn't hear. She would get text messages all the time, making her laugh and giggle. I just ignored it.

She started to go out with "girls from work" more often, two maybe three times a week, sometimes creeping in during the early hours of the morning on the weekends.

She joined a gym, lost weight and toned up (not so bad!), and began buying and buying and wearing more revealing/tight fitting outfits. I just thought it was a phase she was going through, I've seen other friends wife's do similar after having a couple of children.

Some months ago she told me she was going away for a weekend spa break with the girls. Once, sometimes twice a month she's been off to the spa for a long weekends. She said she needed her "space". She always returned happy and relaxed, well for a couple of days, then back to normal.

Then a couple of weeks ago a guy at work tells me that his manager said he saw my wife in pub with a young man, and they left hand in hand, all over each other. Bang! It all fell in place. I was in shock, I really didn't know what to say, and I just walked away in silence.

After a couple of days I approached the chap at work and got his managers phone number, we had a chat, I needed to hear it from the horse's mouth.

It turns out that he lives in the village next to ours and the pub is his local, he had seen her (with said young man) many times, but not known it was my wife. It was only when he walked past my desk at work and clocked a couple of photos of us together he saw it was her.

Rightly of wrongly I asked him to spy on them for me and email me the details for the next couple of weeks.
He understood what I was going through and said he would help. From his emails a routine pattern emerged, so I decided to catch them in the act.

So last night (night out with the girls again) I drove over to the next village and lay in wait. At just gone 11 o'clock she walks out of the pub arm in arm with this guy. They walked down the street to a public car park. I stayed back a bit so they wouldn't spot me.

Being a small village there's no street lights, it was pitch black. They started to walk towards the only car in the car park and got in. After about five minutes I worked out what might be going on, but couldn't see anything. I needed to confirm my suspicions.

So I ran back to my car and grabbed my newly modified Maglite (SSC P7 LED running direct drive on 3C cells). Then ran back to the car park. As I approached the car I turned on the P7 Mag. The whole of the car inside and out was flooded with pure brilliant bright white light from the P7 LED.

What I saw will change my life for ever.

So now I have to make a life changing decision, what should I do……………

Should I sell all my incan maglites and go over to LED's only?

Your help would be appreciated, happy April 1st everyone, :party:

PetaBread

Enlightened

Your help would be appreciated, happy April 1st everyone, :party:

That's dirty man..... You got me good.

After reading that I thought to myself that this sounds like a episode of

"Cheaters" the TV show.

Go with LEDs, jerk.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Very good! You had me right up to the last sentence. I was thinking what this poor guy must be going through. And then the punch line. LOL!

Now in other news for April 1st, Cree will be releasing their long awaited 300 lm/W RGB emitter. Using proprietary technology based on re-emitting otherwise lost photons, this emitter will be able to make any shade of white, and any color of the rainbow, by combining the light from the red, green, and blue dice. Best of all, anticipated sales price is only 27 cents! Cree has named this new LED the erawropav-muiniatbonu. Orders can be placed immediately!

LEDobsession

Enlightened
:eek:
:barf:
Holy frijole! That sucks! You need a nice Tactical LED flashlight, maybe something like the Hellfighter..... so you can beat the crap out of that guy! :xyxgun:

B@rt

Flashaholic
ultimatrout.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm reading through the post with feeling and then I get to the incandescent part...that's when I really felt sad for you!! Sure incans have their place, but LEDs are the way to go!! :crackup:

Essexman --> You suck! Mission accomplished! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now in other news for April 1st, Cree will be releasing their long awaited 300 lm/W RGB emitter. Using proprietary technology based on re-emitting otherwise lost photons, this emitter will be able to make any shade of white, and any color of the rainbow, by combining the light from the red, green, and blue dice. Best of all, anticipated sales price is only 27 cents! Cree has named this new LED the erawropav-muiniatbonu. Orders can be placed immediately!

problem...their entire silicon stock has gotten the biggest infestation of chip weevils in LED history!

tygger

Enlightened
Having just re read through this post it appears very long, please bear with me, I need your help……..

Okay, got me too. :crackup: What, no beamshot comparisons? Hmmm, incan may be better for flesh tones.......