I need a small headlamp

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you were able to help me? I'm looking for a small light weight headlamp that is very bright. I'm currently using a modded Princetontec Eos with Q5 and smooth reflector. On a recent torchlight tour i noticed someone with a headlamp that was roughly the same size as my Eos but brighter. This headlamp probably had more lux than my own. I would like this headlamp to have as much lux as possible. Please could you suggest something suitable?

fishx65

Enlightened
If your talking pure brightness, the River Rock 2-123 that some are picking up at Target right now is really-really bright and a great thrower. It's not very well made but the price is right over here in the U.S.. The new 145 lumen Dorcy I'm testing is also super bright but has a much warmer tint and solid build quality. If you don't mind a battery pack hanging off the back of your head, there are some other options.

AlecGold

Enlightened
Wait for the surefire saint, I would say, but it could be pricy, it looks like 185 greens. And it could take another decade to get it out. It's still vaporware AFAIK

If you need something bright-bright, I've got a Lupine Wilma that is 840 lumens bright, has a li-ion accu and it is super-nice-german-build-nice. :D
Made in Germany, to expensive to talk about in public :sssh:

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
Thanks AlecGold, i have managed to obtain a lightweight headband to which i am able to attach my Olight T10 2008 edition, and will be waiting for the Surefire Saint. I am hoping this will have a bright hotspot as i prefer lux over lumens.

nzbazza

Enlightened
The Coleman Exponent Mini Headlamp

Was one of the first cree XRE headlamps released. Claimed 75 lumens for 2.5 hr so more like 50lm OTF, got several positive reviews here on CPF.

Likely to have a P4 bin so an upgrade to a Q5 or R2 bin would give you ~35% more lumens (c. 65lm)

Last edited:

dcycleman

Enlightened
I too am waiting for the saint...... waiting. I think I will be able to use my first social security check to buy it........... hopefully.........if social security is still around in thirty years.

pipspeak

Enlightened
Surefire should be renamed SureSlow with the number of vaporware lights they've announced in the last few years. Amazing. They promise the earth then fail to deliver... anything!