Will the Surefire F04 Diffuser fit the RA Clicky?

Nocam

Newly Enlightened
I am on the fence again for a new light but this time, I want to get a diffuser along with it. I have been eyeing the E2DL for a long time but I know the quality and reliability of an RA Clicky.

The Surefire F04 diffuser says it will fit bezels 1 inch in diameter. In the RA Clicky's specifications, it states the bezel is 1 inch in diameter. Will these 2 fit together? Does anyone have these 2 and can provide some pictures? Thanks

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope so! I ordered one 2 days ago for my Ra's. I think that Cave Dave has some experience with this and if I recall correctly, he built up the bezel w/ a layer of electrical tape to make a tighter fit.

DM51

Flashaholic
If it's any help, it fits the Novatac 120P perfectly. I think the bezels are the same size, but I'm not sure. The F04 is on my 120P most of the time - it's excellent for close-distance use, giving a superb flood beam.

It is also a useful anti-roll device, having a hexagonal rim (I don't use a clip).

Nocam

Newly Enlightened
That is great news, thanks for the replies guys. I hope it fits the Clicky just as the 120P

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The F04 is designed for 1" (25.4 mm lights)

The Ra series have a nominal 1" diameter, but may come in under that.

My Ra twisty measured at 25.3mm and it fits great as is.

Both my Ra Clicky's measured in at 24.9 and the F04 was so loose it would fall right off.

I built up the bezel diameter with tape. Reflective on the right and black electrical on the left.

PS: Best Ra accessory ever!
Ra_pair.jpg

Last edited:

Nocam

Newly Enlightened
thanks cave dave for the thorough explanation. I'm not sure I would like to mod my would be Clicky with tape to accommodate the diffuser. However, now that I know it fits the 120P perfectly, I may have to go for the 120P.

BUT Another question;

If the F04 fits the Twisty perfectly, and the titanium bezels available from uniquetitanium.com fit both the Clicky and the Twisty:

Would the diffuser fit over the aftermarket titanium bezel and just not on the stock Clicky bezel? Is the uniquetitanium bezel the extra .5mm larger in size?

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
I'm not sure I would like to mod my would be Clicky with tape to accommodate the diffuser. However, now that I know it fits the 120P perfectly, I may have to go for the 120P.

If the diffuser is that much of a purchasing factor, please do consider putting a bit of tape on the inside edge of the diffuser, thereby not requiring you to mod your Clicky at all... Just a thought.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clicky is SOOO much better than the 120P! So as Enzo says, mod the diffuser instead of the flashlight.

The reason I didn't do that is that I use the one diffuser I have on multiple lights and some of them are a tight fit already. Plus I needed a quick way to distinguish the 100ww from the 170cn.

Nocam

Newly Enlightened
If the diffuser is that much of a purchasing factor, please do consider putting a bit of tape on the inside edge of the diffuser, thereby not requiring you to mod your Clicky at all... Just a thought.

I thought about that but I figured that after a couple on and offs with the diffuser, I would eventually catch the edge of the tape and gunk/mess it up so
I decided against it kind of.

Don't worry, I haven' swayed either way yet :D

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little rubber cement on the inside of the diffuser won't come off like tape might. I'd recommend a product called "Seamgrip" used for fixing outdoor gear. It dries flexable and a bit rubbery.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an F04 on all my Clicky's now and then and the diffuser seems to fit pretty well. It's a little tiny bit loose, but not loose enough to fall off. All my bezels are stock BTW.

Nocam

Newly Enlightened
Well I just pulled the trigger on a Clicky 120-T. Looking very forward to it after all of the love being spread for the Clicky. I should have it by Wed or Thurs, will update you all on my impressions, I was a bit hesitant on the raised button as I fear accidental turning on while it's in my pocket, but I feel I'll get over it.

I chose the Tactical because of the coating on the bezel. I'm hoping it "beefs" up the size just a bit enough to fit the F04 diffuser snugly. We will see.

Anyone want my Jet-I? :naughty:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can enable the button lock.

Yes, thats exactly what I did to my 140CT. I did have it accidently turn on a few times, so I activated the button lock to solve that problem. It's my only Clicky with a raised tail, so it's my only one with button lock enabled. But it works great, as it never comes on accidently anymore. And I like the fact that you lock it or unlock it when YOU WANT, no auto locking after so much time...very nice :)

Nocam

Newly Enlightened
Got the diffuser on today. It was almost a little tough getting it on! Nice and snug, really makes my Clicky shine. Very happy with the investment. :twothumbs

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received in the mail today. :twothumbs It fits very nicely on my Ra Clicky giving a quick option for a nice even flood light at whatever level I choose.:)

dyril

Newly Enlightened
I measured my Clicky's AlTiN SS bezel with a ruler and not calipers to be about 24.75mm in diameter. Although my F04 doesn't fit loosely, it could be more snug.

I wanted to avoid taping the bezel and tape in general, so I cut a 1/2" long piece of clear 1" diameter heat-shrink tubing. I slid it onto the bezel, and to shrink it I used a butane torch with the bezel still installed (I'm complacently haphazard, so you should probably isolate the bezel to the extent you are careful).

I finally trimmed off one of the heat-shrink tube edges since they tend to be thick after shrinking; that flaring edge wouldn't help with sliding it on. I like this mod because the tubing stays inside the F04 I've dedicated for the light. I used clear tubing since that's what I have but it also lets light leak out, if you like this feature of a crenelated bezel.

f04_hst.jpg

f04_hst_clicky.jpg

Last edited: