Pursuit Single Light: On/Off bike- spendy, reliable, Incan capable

Bright World

Newly Enlightened
Hey, so, I've just started to bike commute, and my Jetbeam CLE is not the best, but better than nothing. Of course, I don't even have a mount, so it's pretty sad. Anyway, this coincides with me considering getting my spendy, high-powered lynchpin of my collection. I want reliability above all, and am more or less set on surefire. I want an incan, bump in the night light. Looking at either an M3 or M6.

So, question:
1. Would incan m3 or m6 be practical? I'm looking into rechargeable options for both, and then swapping for regular cr123s for bump in the night duties. Would the shock isolation help on commuting? Would it work if I went mountain biking (more XC than downhill, but who knows how hard you're gonna crash).

2. Are there any good/cheapish LED dropins for either, so I can swap to a rechargeable LED for commuting, and incan for afterwards?

3. Am I better off just going DX on my bars?

4. Are there even mounts that could support an M6, and would that make my bike too unwieldy? What about an m3?

Basic point is, I very much value a powerful incan for CRI. I am looking into buying an expensive one anyway, and wanted to know if I could kill 2 birds with one stone. I have no problem with LEDs for commuting, but I'm thinking that they will be removable LED lights to halt theft, and that it would be nice if they were usable off bike, which led me to linking up the idea of an m3/m6 bikelight.

Basic point is, I can get DX leds for under $50 to mount to the bike. So over that much is not worth it. But if an LED module (and rechargeable system) could be hornswaggled in for that much, then I wouldn't have to carry 3 other lights in addition to my current loadout.

Thanks for the consideration guys.

hit4six

Newly Enlightened
I've just started to bike commute
congratulations.

I don't even have a mount,
easily solved

so a search tells me that the m6, as well as being the longest motorway in Britain, is a $300 tactical flashlight by Surefire with a 20 minute runtime on high mode (500 lumen), 60 minute on low, and you are currently using a single AA led flashlight comparable to fenix l1d ce. Have I got this right ?

1) for most cyclists that runtime is not enough.
2) I'm not familiar with this light so can't advise.
3) It is a popular option.
4) Nothing is impossible

You don't mention halogen bike lights, another option. 2x10w would give 400 lumens. If you are ok with led then led will be much lighter and neater.

Thanks for the consideration guys.
sorry i was no help on (2).

Bright World

Newly Enlightened
congratulations.

easily solved

so a search tells me that the m6, as well as being the longest motorway in Britain, is a $300 tactical flashlight by Surefire with a 20 minute runtime on high mode (500 lumen), 60 minute on low, and you are currently using a single AA led flashlight comparable to fenix l1d ce. Have I got this right ?
Right, right, on all counts. Not a brit here, so I'm talking about the flashlight.

1) for most cyclists that runtime is not enough.
2) I'm not familiar with this light so can't advise.
3) It is a popular option.
4) Nothing is impossible

You don't mention halogen bike lights, another option. 2x10w would give 400 lumens. If you are ok with led then led will be much lighter and neater.

sorry i was no help on (2).
60 minute runtime is actually enough for me. The morning commute is lighted, and so the lights would be for the evening. Plus, rechargeable options supposedly give up to 2.5 hours, and I don't mind recharging everyday. My main point is not to have an incan on my handlebars, but to have an incan in hand for investigating or dealing with scary stuff. Having camped in places with Grizzlies, I realize I can comprehend an image faster with incan than with LED, which is important for a bump in the night light. I'd be fine with led bars, I just want to know if I'm going to have to hump 6 or so lights around all the time, which isn't my preference.
Thanks for your response.