Lemlux (and others) question on Energizer 8AA upgrade*MOVED to MOD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lemlux,

I gather that you have purchased off the (internet) shelf parts to upgrade this light. I think I read somewhere that you used Carley bulbs and reflectors?

I have two of these lights (I think that they are not made anymore), and would love to take advantage of the 8AA power that this light offers.

So what specifically did you do?

Would really like to kick this light up several notches!

Thanks,

Grummond

Newly Enlightened
BuddTX,

Wow, that's a little spooky, I was just about to write an almost identical post also asking Lemlux.
I also have two 8aa Energizer double barrels and wanted to make them more powerful.
I can remember it being spoken about but I needed to know exactly what to tamper with regarding the soldering etc. as for the bulb I think it was a W/A 4.8 V 1.1 A using a T-2 1/4 size.
I can't remember how many Lumens he said this thing kicked out but I distinctly remember the word "Flame Thrower" was used.

snake

Enlightened
Try this or search on DB AA there are more for 4AA of 8AA
wink.gif

double barrel 8aa-now what

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
The easiest and least expensive mod is simply to use the W/A 01307 bulb rated at 4.8 V 1.1 amp. 2 * 4 alkaline AA's overdrive it to about 135 Lumens. This combination is considerably whiter and brighter than my surge.

Other mods are discussed in multiple threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.