Custom clicky tail cap

gmcjimd

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mac,
I was wondering if you would sell one of your custom mag "D" clicky tail caps. The one with the rounded cutouts on the outside like on the latest custom body's?

Thanks in advance
Jim

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I would like my D tail-cap turned into a plain clicky! I wouldn't care for any decorative cuts however.
It's a digital camo which basically means a dark green tail cap with brown squares around the edges.:rolleyes:

My mag is 3D and I want to cut the switch out to shorten it while keeping the 3 D cell space. I saw a DIY thread that shows how to grind the threads out of the head so it slides down over the body after you cut the tube. I could probably pull it off but I'm not confident I could cut it straight enough to maintain the negative contact to the Malkoff. Plus I need to figure out how to fix the bezel in place. I read that JB weld was used but I always make a big mess with that stuff! How would you keep it from oozing out the bottom? I saw some other mod where a hole was drilled half in the tube and half in the bezel and a pin was epoxied in. It looked really good but I don't have anything to drill the hole neatly smack in-between the two. :thinking:

The head has been finned and HAII'd by Britelumens. The bezel ring is a plain SS ring by download. The LE is a Malkoff triple with tritiums set into the epoxy. I have the UCL lens. All I need is to remove the switch section and get a tail clicky! :D
I though Mag mods were supposed to be cheap! :laughing:

Last edited:

frog

Newly Enlightened
I am very interested in purchasing some tail caps as well. How do I go about getting a hold of you? Phone number? email address? etc

Thanks

Roland

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for some clicky tailcaps too.

Preferences:
- used as master switch on electronically regulated mag D. To cut the standby-power which kills batteries in an instant.
- as close to standard black maglite as possible.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoever is interested send me a PM with what your looking for. (With switch or without)

Mac