EDC Guy

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
It seems in a lot of forums, people always talk about the items they have to have with them at all times.

I believe a cell phone, knife and flashlight should be a "survival kit", but a lot of people have way more or nothing.

What do you EDC?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have different levels of EDC, my most prepared level being when I'm at work. I then have in my pockets my wallet, 2 keyrings with small Swiss Army Knife, Arc AAA, and 2 Photon Freedoms (1 white, 1 yellow), a black permanent marker, a box cutter, and a bandanna. On my belt I have my cellphone, Leatherman Multi-Tool, Surefire L4, and Inova X5.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I edc what I need and what I might need.
Handphone, Leatherman Micra, Peak Pacific, D10 (rotates with other EDC lights), Lamy pen, mini card reader, 2gb thumb drive, compass and 10 packs of condoms for "emergencies". (ok, I'm kidding on the last item)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
ALWAYS:
Wallet
keys
2 flashlights - 1 keychain and 1 pocket.
2 knives - 1 keychain and 1 pocket.
watch
ink pen
Atwood nibble
cell phone/MP3 player

With MAN BAG:
work keys
work ID badge
kubaton pen
batteries
ink pens
Sharpie mini and standard
headphones
hand sanitizer
lighter
fingernail clippers
scizzors
tweezers
paracord
mini grappling hook
duct tape
fire steel
more flashlights
pepper flakes
toothbrush
toothpaste
mouth wash
floss
small bottle of OFF bug spray
diamond file
Wave multitool
cord locks
carabiners
headlamp
signal mirror
Ti spork
assorted OTC headache pills
emergency blanket
CPR mask
band-aids
triple antibiotic ointment
assorted sized zip ties
change
lip balm
Mini Pelican case
4 Gig memory card
assorted snacks
gum

That's all worth mentioning, I checked the bag. The bag is a CountyComm BOB in OD, it's great.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sgt LED, I'm loss for words. What's your profession again? :confused:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I am a pro wrestler of sorts.

I work in a hospital on the locked involuntary psych ward. One 8 hour shift and two 16 hour shifts in a row. Somebody misbehaves and it's my job to contain, control, and restrain them. Once I've done that then the needles come out and they usually get pretty mello in 15 minutes. I always try to talk them down first and 8 out of 10 times it does work.
Now what I can't do is talk them into taking their scheduled meds if they don't think they need it. Then it is ALWAYS a hold.

:thumbsup: No, I don't need all that gear but for some reason I pack it anyway.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek:

Hope you don't power drive the patients :faint:
And yes, you do need those gear.

Spydermonkey

Newly Enlightened
This stuff is all held in a pair of 5.11 pants held up w/their Trainer belt

Wallet w/freshnel lens in it
cellphone
Kershaw Tactical Blur
Leatherman Kick w/pocket clip
Zebra 701 pen
OC spray
Ripp Restraint velcro handcuffs
Glock G27 in CTAC holster
extra G22 mag
KelTec P3at in pocket holster
Surefire E2DL or one of my SF lego lights
Fenix E01
Ultrafire A10 or a Romisen RC-H3

Keys w/
County Comm tweezers
1GB memory stick
tritium vial
P-38
cuff key
Alpha Innovations kubaton

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a pro wrestler of sorts.

I work in a hospital on the locked involuntary psych ward. One 8 hour shift and two 16 hour shifts in a row. Somebody misbehaves and it's my job to contain, control, and restrain them. Once I've done that then the needles come out and they usually get pretty mello in 15 minutes. I always try to talk them down first and 8 out of 10 times it does work.
Now what I can't do is talk them into taking their scheduled meds if they don't think they need it. Then it is ALWAYS a hold.

:thumbsup: No, I don't need all that gear but for some reason I pack it anyway.

When I read that I just can't help but think of this, duno why, but zangrif doing this pose is the first pop into my head, so fired up my emulator and took a screenshot.

sgtled.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Wallet, keys, internet/GPS-capable cell phone, Leatherman Wave, JetBeam Jet I Mk IBS; all of which is stored in various pants/jeans pockets, so I don't appear to be carrying anything.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Good thread! I think it might need to be moved to the Personal Gadgetry & Non-flashlight Electronics "Other" forum or merged with the existing similar thread.:)

I never EDC knives or multi-tools, just the bare necessities along with one of my powerful LED thrower flashlights. My one very unusual EDC is my Wicked Lasers CORE, as I love having that kind of power in my pocket. I don't recall anyone else ever stating that they EDC a laser so that is why I think it is a very unusual EDC.;)

Last edited:

LightJaguar

Enlightened
I EDC the following:
Knife (cheap Gerber)
1 18650 or a 2 RCR123 flashlight (my main battle flashlight)
1 Single AA flashlight, usually a modded River Rock that I did myself (this is my emergency flashlight)
1 AAA flashlight on my keychain (my poo poo has hit the fan flashlight and all the others have failed)
Pen and a cellphone.
I browsed around the EDC forums once and I knew right away that they were beyond me. I saw one thread were they were discussing the best pills for disinfecting water. I was like well I do live in the USA and not in the jungle in some third world country.

m16a

Enlightened
I'm a fairly conservative EDCer. My normal EDC is as follows:

• Ra Clicky 140C
  • Nitecore D10
  • Arc-P AAA (keychain)
  • Leatherman Skeletool CX
  • BM Mini Griptilian
  • Mini swiss replica (keychain)
  • cell phone (Moto KRZR K1m)
  • Wall with emergency cash, at least 6 public trans tokens, ID
  • Zebra G-301 black, Industrial grade sharpie
  • Keychain with the previous noted items, plus keys and a picture of Boba Fett (don't ask, I don't know why either.. :p )
  • Water bottle (nalgene 1 quart)
  • iPod Nano 2nd Gen
It looks like more when listed, but distributed among 5 pockets, it is very little. For circumstances when I will be operating outside my base of operations (my house :nana: ) or away for longer periods, I add the following items to my EDC to constitute my EDC heavy:

• Large Pill bottle with 4 Surefire CR123A primaries, three Energizer Lithium AA primaries, one Energizer Lithium AAA primary.
  • Homemade FAK (consists of two former mini FAK boxes, modified with extra bandages (various sizes including knuckle specific etc.), gauze, disinfectanct gel, bug bite relief, Zyrtec for allergic reactions, Ibuprofen, tweezers, alcohol pads to disinfect any items I use or my hands, and a quick and dirty pocket first aid guide)
  • A glasses case with some jewelers screwdrivers to fix my glasses should they break in the field, the clip, screws, and screwdriver to attach to my Clicky in case I need hands free, and just some minor extra space should it been needed.
  • "Surefire 3P" replica (Solarforce L2M body, 6P bezel, G2 tailcap, Malkoff M30, AWs RCR123A) in case I ever need real throw when I am out and about.
Its no Sgt. LED EDC, but it contains just about everything to get me through the day, or through an extended period of time.

Last edited:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
I browsed around the EDC forums once and I knew right away that they were beyond me. I saw one thread were they were discussing the best pills for disinfecting water. I was like well I do live in the USA and not in the jungle in some third world country.

You may have come across a discussion about items for a BOB (Bug out Bag) which is also known as a 72 hour kit.

I also EDC items that I need for my jobs and everyday.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have a light on me. I EDC a couple of knives, a light, and a watch. There items are ALWAYS with me. When I am leaving the house, I add my cell. phone & wallets.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
For those interested in Bug-Out-Bags, here is some really good reading:
http://outdoors.free.fr/OM-PDF/Survival/Urban-Preparation-Kit-Part-I-On.pdf
http://outdoors.free.fr/OM-PDF/Survival/Urban-Preparation-Kit-Part-II.pdf

Instead of just lists, he actually describes how he has found certain items useful or important. A great help in making mine, as it let me understand what I might find useful and what might be less so, for my situation.

I keep it in a daypack in the car. I'm confident I can hike back to my house in an emergency from the furthest I get by car during the average day, about 50 miles.