Focal length: 10mm
F-Number: F2,8
Exposure Time: 1 sec.
ISO Speed: ISO-100

LP
Iztok

BillyNoMates

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that looks nice. Certainly gives plenty of light...

Two questions:

1) How do hot does it get in normal use? From my own riding experience heat dissipation when moving is not really a problem, but does it heat up quickly once at rest (or testing indoors)?
2) Have you tested the run-time - the 3x LiIon battery will be at ~3x2.8=8.4V when exhausted. If the min input is 11.1V you won't be seeing full capacity from the battry pack - does the regulator cut out or does is go into unregulated mode?

I really must do a triple MC-E/P7 light at some time.....

Tidra

Enlightened
11,1V is the nominal min. voltage input, that means 3x3.7V=11.1V,...
of course when fully charged that mean 12.6V and for me in this case 3xSSC P7 DSW0I @ 2A = 9,8V and you need ad least 0,5V more for HipFlex, so I decide not to discharge lower than 10.5V

Run time is still to be measured, but I am waiting for some new 18650 Li-Ion cells,... but calculated from my other experiences I am looking for some 160min @ 2A on LED's with 11.1V/5000mAh Li-Ion pack 3s2p.

Hot or not hot,... in this case is not a question,... HHHOOOOOOTTT,...

I am looking to use HipFlex heat protection and still have to measure some temperatures, but never the less, it will be my duty to dim the light on uphill and slower sections of the ride.

I am going to drive LED's with 2A max on output and what i measured until now is that on the second level out of the 5 it is not a problem with heat and that level is enough for uphill an slower parts.

Cheers,
Iztok

cytoe

Newly Enlightened
outstanding! more compact than my 3xP7 :)
oacOpOuBHIN_GdWJMUcHiw
004.JPG

005.JPG

Kf_VqhK8FzZZaH5anicc1w

Last edited:

Tidra

Enlightened
Runtime and temperature test,... HipFlex set to 10.5V cut off, so I could have some 10-20min more runtime,... I forgot,... HipFlex was set to 70°C temperature protection and did not dim,...

home lab,...

Comparation,... Double Marwi mod,... 2x 3xSSC P4 @700mA against 3xSSC P7 @2A,...

Marwi

MAXI

Last edited:

Tidra

Enlightened
Finally I did some rides with my new 3xSSC P7 bike light and I am pleased with results.
There is a plenty of light, side spill, hot spot,…

The only thing I would like to be better would be slightly more throw IMHO,…

Overheating is not a problem on 2A max, for uphill second level out of five is more than enough,…

LP
Iztok

BillyNoMates

Newly Enlightened
Finally I did some rides with my new 3xSSC P7 bike light and I am pleased with results.
There is a plenty of light, side spill, hot spot,…

The only thing I would like to be better would be slightly more throw IMHO,…

Overheating is not a problem on 2A max, for uphill second level out of five is more than enough,…

LP
Iztok

I'm glad you like your light, but I reckon if you had more throw, you'd be saying you want more flood :whistle:........

Personally, I reckon the 10 degree beams from the Ledil Booms should be about right for riding.

If you want more throw, then you are probably looking at an array of single emitters behind narrower lenses. I've tried a 3x3 array of Rebels behind 9 Ledil 4 degree real spots. Plenty of throw (estimate about 4 times what you are getting), but I soon went back to a mix of real-spot, smooth-spot and medium-spot to get the resut I was after. One problem was that I just couldn't set the spot in one position that would work for all road styles, it was either too low and just lit up the road a few 10's of metres in front of me, or it was too high and was shining at the empty space just above the road and between the hedges/trees lining the sides. It required constant adjustment - although I admit this is less of an issue for a helment mounted light. Perhaps I'll try it one day.....

Still - nice light

Tidra

Enlightened
I believe once you try helmet mount light, you will never want to mount light back to the bar,... :twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs