"Key Tag" holsters/sheaths

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
\"Key Tag\" holsters/sheaths

keytags.jpg

http://www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel/micro_rigs.htm

Picked this up in one of the other forums I frequent.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \"Key Tag\" holsters/sheaths

Yeah those are made by Eric of On-Scene Tactical, he is a member here as well as a couple other forums. I think his member name is "Normark" but I'm not positive, maybe somebody else can confirm.

On-Scene Tactical

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re:

You know I have to comment about this...that blurry picture has been around for sooooo long. I wonder why he never updated it?

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
Re:

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
You know I have to comment about this...that blurry picture has been around for sooooo long. I wonder why he never updated it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Normark's a busy guy, and the blurry pics don't seem to hurt his sales any.

On the other hand, the pic does kinda mess with my eyes. I always squint when I look at it even though I know it's never going to get any clearer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \"Key Tag\" Holsters / Sheaths

Here you go, courtesy of x-rays eyestrain reduction service /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fc121cc2.jpg

Not perfect but a little easier on the eye /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shrap

Enlightened
Re: Key Tags

It does seem kind of silly to put all those tools on a carabiner, which allows reasonably quick retrieval and reattachment, but then spend money to add a bigger plastic thing that allows you to do the same thing.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

The lights don't have enough surface variation to guarrantee the kydex can retain them (long straight cylinder), but the knives and multitools would be harder to lose, the retention is much better on things with texture and surface variation like that. See how it molds around the contours of the knife?

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ZENGHOST

Enlightened

I have one for my Leatherman Squirt S4 and there's no way in hell that thing's coming loose on its own.

shrap--the carabiner may allow quick retrieval, but everything comes with it (keys included). If you've ever tried using a micra or similar with all the keys attached it's a real pain. Carabiner allows for easy detachment from person, micro rig allows for easy detachment from rest of keys/keychain.

ps...thanks for the sharper pic, x-ray.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had one on my CMG infinity and even without knurling that thing was ON there.
I did an informal stress test and the keychain's split ring gave way before the kydex did.

shrap

Enlightened

ZENGHOST,

I don't understand what you're talking about. I have my keys on one keyring, and my Micra on another. Both go on the carabiner.

I need to use the Micra, I just take it off the carabiner, and the keys stay on the carabiner. I need to carry a minimum set of keys/junk, I take the carabiner and the Micra off and just have my keys. Simple.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
shrap said:
I need to use the Micra, I just take it off the carabiner, and the keys stay on the carabiner.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and the split ring or whatever you use to attach the Micra to the carabiner stays on the Micra.
For some tools that is a disadvantage and THAT is the benefit of the Micro Rig.
When you want to access your tool you get nothing but your tool.

shrap

Enlightened

True enough, when I use my Micra there's a big split ring stuck to it. It's just not enough of a problem to merit looking for and paying for a solution.

ZENGHOST

Enlightened

Actually, the way I was looking at it was exactly how the picture is with everything being on only one ring, and then attached to the 'biner. If you keep everything on a separate ring then it's probably not a big deal, but for me I prefer to have the rig--especially since I (and a lot of other people) don't keep my keys on a carabiner. To each their own.