Will this charger do it all?

777qqq

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]I want a charger that will charge NiMH, NiCd, Li-Ion and all sizes: AAA, AA, C, D, 9V, RCR123, etc. I'm interested in this charger http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ame=Turnigy_Accucel-6_50W_5A_Balancer/Charger. It got good reviews here and on a seller's site. I have a couple questions about it. Will it charge all battery sizes, and where do the batteries go to charge them? How are the batteries charged? I have not seen a charging tray for the batteries in any of the ads for this charger. I know very little about chargers and am in the process of learning about them on this site. Thanks for any replies. [/FONT]

777qqq

Newly Enlightened
Are there trays readily available compatible with this charger which will allow me to charge any cell size and both lithium and nickel chemistries? I'm trying to avoid buying multiple chargers. If not, which nickel and lithium chargers which charge all common sizes are the most popular? I have done quite a bit of reading on this site to narrow down chargers, so I've believe I've earned the right to ask a couple questions. Thanks for any replies.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I think you'll find it much more expensive, and MUCH more of a hassle to try to get a single charger instead of two dedicated charges.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
probably
that wont charge the ni-mh versions of the 9v cells because it would be to fast at its slowest rate for them, it could be used for it, but it wouldnt be great.

for charging multiple AA and AAA items, you will have to do so in series, if you singularly charge them then it will work easily, but forcing a seires to charge loose items wouldnt be as good as 4x or 8x single channel chargers. assembling ni-mh singles as series just to charge would be the opposite of treating them best as possible.

if you get some kinda universal charger for your D-AAA stuff, then use something like this for li-ion stuff it would then be a CHEEP choice.
you could charge and test most various cell items singularly, make up a cradle/clamp/connections and use the balance feature for multiple li-ion.

the fan is a piece of crap in it, and fans of that size dont last ever, that is its biggest flaw, the rest of its problems can be messed with by adjusting things, and using it different ways.
it requires a ~12v power source of enough amperage to run off of.
it comes with a bunch of connectors, but it does not come with single cell connections, or any balance connections.

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
Your link is broken. This one works:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7028

Hobby chargers are really meant more for battery packs. Charging individual cells will require charging magnets or getting your own trays.

Yikes . . . I wouldn't buy that just because of the low price . . . which for me normally does not make sense! That's just too cheap for all it does, or claims to do. I would not trust it. Cheap chargers can result in a :poof: that can burn your house down.

The thread Tranceaddict linked above has a lot of good info. Another option for a charger that can just about do it all is the Triton. You can buy the Triton II at towerhobbies or better yet, for our needs, the original Triton is good enough and can be found on many hobby forums for $60 or less. It does lithium, nicd, nimh and even lead acid. Make your own battery holders and away you go.