• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: Ti Surefire pocketclips

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Well it looks like I'm still going to b a full-time pocketclip maker for a while, but at least that means I have time to finally do some Surefire clips. I will probably start with P and E series since I currently have examples of those, but more models may come in the future. They will be similar to my Novatac clips and Burman's 6P run I have a few questions for you guys before I get started though:

1. Do you want 'em? ;)

2. What thickness should I make them? I know on some tailcaps there is no gap when screwed down. This can be fixed with the proper washer, are you guys ok with that? I think it's a common issue, but I'm no Surefire expert.

Thanks and let me know what you think.

~Chip

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
1. Do you want 'em? ;)

Hells to the YAH!

The only problem I have with the novatac type clips is that they wiggle around and you must have the tailcap screwed down to make it tight. If you can fix that I am sure you will have lots of buyers...
Edit: IF you do an E-series type clip please please make it like the E1B.

Price?

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
It isn't Ti, but this is the only non-stock Surefire clip I've found useful so far. I'm told it's an original Mr. Bulk clip.

IMGP2756.jpg

I've only found it useful on shorter lights like 3P and 6P, and only with a clicky switch. An o-ring provides sufficient friction to hold it in place.

IMGP2754.jpg

IMGP2755.jpg

I've often thought a forward mounted clip (under the head) might be useful on longer SF lights, like 9P and M3.

I'd also be curious to hear if you could fashion Ti replacements for the stock SF clips, especially for E-series lights.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well I want 2 bezel down 6P for sure. The Novatac's opening is too large!

Probably a short and a long E series as well.

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened
I'd like one that's a direct replacement for my E-Series L4. Something between the length of the stock short clip and the long one.

-Ed

toby_pra

Flashaholic
I am in for two Surefire E-Series clips wit a hole, if thats possible, like
Donn_'s is showing...:D

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in e-series clips for bezel down carry, for an E2e, E2L, E2D sized light, one that fits in the stock clip's slot if possible.. And maybe a tail switch one for C/P/Z series.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in a 2-way clip (like the one for Ra) for the E-series, if it's possible.

foxtrot824

Enlightened
:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs This is a great idea!
A clip that carries bezel down for the e-series would be fantastic! I'm not sure what kind of price range you're looking at but I would pay an unreasonable amount of money for a Ti clip :D.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs This is a great idea!
A clip that carries bezel down for the e-series would be fantastic! I'm not sure what kind of price range you're looking at but I would pay an unreasonable amount of money for a Ti clip :D.
Just spoke to wvaltakis2 and he said they will be 200 a pop, 75% of that goes to me. Thanks for your business fox! :faint:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in 2 clips for SF A2. Sorry, no need for P or E series clips here....

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the interest! :) I'm leaning towards the style that Donn posted. But without the double bend. I really like the idea of the lanyard hole on the other side of the clip.

Couple more questions:

-Could someone tell me the lengths of the stock surfire clips?
-Nobody has spoken up about the thickness issue... is everyone okay with .040?

And while I might like a $200 price tag... they will probably more along the lines of my other clip series. (Around $30 give or take)

~Chip

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Surefire pocketclips lengths

From what I could measure with my calipers that i generally use as an adjustable wrench I got some thing in the ball park of 1.45" on the "standard" clip seen on an L1

and one the bezel down clip seen attached to an E1B body I got 1.6" seen here

I apologize for the poor pictures quality as usual. One day I'll buy a good camera... after I have all the SF lights I want :crackup: