Discharge Rate

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone done a test on the discharge rates of different brands of battery, when not in use ?
I am curious about this as there seems to be a massive difference between some of my brands when not in use.
My ANSMANN 2600mah are next to useless, even after going through refresh cycle, which did increase them from around 400mah to around 2400mah(meant to be 2600mah).
Does anyone else find this is the case, I was charging all my batteries on the ANSMANN digispeed 4 charger, but not now as it seems to kill the batteries, I left some in overnight(4 x aa), took two piccies next day and they were flat!
Thanks for any input,
tabetha

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got here eh :D
some of the high capacity batteries , uhhh seemed to have reached the peak of capacity vrses robustness and longevity and low self dicharge.
meaning a LOT of the high caps SUCK in the long run.

so stuff like even your lower capacity batteries you have are doing good still, as you may have noticed.

ahh just get some new wizz bang LSD type of cells like hybrids, or enloops (my favorite) and they should be good for many years.
there are tests all over the place, of all sorts of stuff. look at the "stickies"
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/133440

and make sure you get REAL batteries, some countries have become good at cloning the outside, they just still cant seem to clone the insides :)

somehow that brand reminds me of Kramer http://www.boxxet.com/Seinfeld/video:kramer-is-the-assman/ :)

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Any battery that is dead off the charger is seriously damaged, and I'd definitely look into a new charger if it conspired in allowing it to happen. Your charger may not allow you to leave batteries in it overnight, as some models do a "trickle charge", continuing to slowly charge an already-full battery, which over time can damage the battery, and over longer periods, cause the battery to catch fire/explode.

Store your batteries in the refrigerator to minimize self-discharge, let them warm to room temperature before using.

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
I have a Technoline charger same as lacrosse BC900, as you say got rid of ansmann a while ago.
I use UNIROSS batteries, as they have been doing rechargeables since 1960's, which surprised me to be honest, started In Bristol, UK, now owned by someother company now though.
As said above my "low" 1300mah ones are still great after months of non use, still having around 850mah.
Yes I am a virgin on here, when do I get my enlightened bit up ?
tabetha

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
Not long to go then, awsome site this, just never imagined there were so many anoraks as myself!!
tabetha

StarHalo

Flashaholic

I had to look that one up, interesting term.

For everyone else: In British slang an anorak is a person, typically a man, who is an enthusiast interested in information regarded as boring or unfathomable by the rest of the population. The best known explanation of the term, is the use of anoraks (a type of rain jacket) by train spotters, a prototype group for this seemingly unfathomable interest in detailed trivia.

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
I keep forgetting, about langauge/slang differences, but yes basically a nerd = anorak.
tabetha