Can 1 GID object charge another?

GQGeek81

Newly Enlightened
So I'm wanting to make something glow red and I'm looking at glowinc's powders and notice the red GID stuff has a very short glow time. (10 min) I've been toying with a few ideas on this.

The white GID powder glows for 2 hours so I could possibly just cover white with something red and translucent to make a red light.

Then I though... what if I mixed red and white glow powder together?
I'd probably end up with pink in some shade or another but would the red still die after 10 min. leaving just the white or could the glow from the white powder keep the red glowing?

Any ideas?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. I have some red glow powder and it is charged by green LED. It only glows for a few seconds. The only reason to use it is to show off the green LEDs.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone else said that green GITD will charge red GITD...

Basically, the phosphor must be excited by a shorter wavelength than it emits (Stokes shift), so green light won't charge white or green GITD, but blue or UV (or the blue through violet components of white light) will; red can actually be charged by green GITD (which is usually more efficient than white anyway, right?), which seems to match greenlight's observation that green LEDs charge it.