Any one tried the EagleTac P100A2 as a bicycle light?

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
Anyone tried the EagleTac P100A2 as a bicycle light?

This evening I (finally) used my old trustworthy Fenix L2D CE with a TwoFish Lockblock when riding my bike. Perfect size and fit, good lumens BUT the cree rings was a little annoying when riding in the dark.

So I was thinking that maybe the EagleTac P100A2 is a good idea, I want a 2xAA with a similar size as the Fenix L2D. With at least 2 modes, low/medium for legal reasons and high/turbo for great visibility.

I want to use Eneloops AA batteries.

What do you think?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I use mine and I like it better than my L2T Q2, which I used before I had the A2. The L2T had just a bit more spill, but the P100A2 has a LOT more throw and the knurling makes twisting the head to change from general/low to turbo a lot easier as the L2T would turn in the lockblock.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
With at least 2 modes, low/medium for legal reasons and high/turbo for great visibility.

I'd like to add that the general mode on the A2 is still pretty useful when biking and as far as I know, I don't think you need to worry about the turbo as far as legality issues as long as you have it aimed properly and I hear a lot of stories of cops praising those who use lights at all because of safety.

Latest posts