• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

I joined the McGizmo club

spyrish

Newly Enlightened
After seeing these lights many times and hearing the great reviews, I finally decided to cave and purchase a McGizmo.

However, I didn't know what to start off with and started to look at posts here and other places. I narrowed it down to the Ti PD-S, LS20, and the Haiku. I have lots of SF's and a couple of SL's.

I love the single cell lights as they are easy to carry and with new technology, just as bright as bigger lights.

I ended up getting a Haiku, and a LS20 last week. I couldn't decide what I wanted so I got both, I will get a Ti PD-S too, eventually.

I am still getting use to the PD switch and really like the clicky switch.

Now all I have to do is review previous posts for the maintenance that these need and use them. I have already replaced my L1 & E1B.

There is a problem though... which one to carry. I switch out every day.
img0202k.jpg

img0203c.jpg

img0200q.jpg

Last edited:

Dan FO

Enlightened
You can't join the club if you don't know the secret handshake!

You must send them to me first. :naughty:

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
Anthony: You're a full fledged light addict now. There's no turning back.:D eljuez(BLADELAW)

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Very nice lights! I too just joined the Mcgizmo club this week. After seeing the Ti, I have to get myself one. Even though I love my hard ano PD-S. Even though I am new(to Mcgizmo), Welcome to the club!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
CONGRATULATIONS!! I prefer the clicky switch myself. Way to go!!!!

Now you have gone and done it!!! You will get spoiled by the awesomeness of Mc Gizmo's, and it will ruin you for other lights. :D You will only want MORE McGizmo's. :D:D:D:D:D

BSBG

Enlightened
I started out like you, not long ago - first a Sundrop, then a Haiku. An LS20 followed, then a S27 PD and a 27LT-S. I have a Ti Arc on the way (closely related to a Sapphire). I'm still looking for a PD-S... :broke:.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're really in trouble... you know that, don't you?:eek:

What you may not know is that Don impregnates the raw Titanium (a VERY top-secret preparation) of his McGizmo lights with a neural-pathway-altering drug which affects the end user almost immediately.

Within 24 hours, the user will experience unnatural thought processes that don't involve anything else except touching and playing with the Titanium McGizmo. Symptoms of the afflicted include: staring at the McGizmo for long periods of time in the guise of "appreciating the machining quality of the light", an unnatural tendency to keep it on one's person at all times, taking it apart and putting it back together again numerous times "to make sure everything's ok inside", and power-cycling/changing levels on it at odd or unnecessary times regardless of time of day.

After the 24 hour mark, the advanced stages of the affliction are already evident and the user is almost always beyond any hope of being cured. Symptoms of these advanced stages can include (but not limited to): a tendency to ignore other non-McGizmo lights already in their possession, a strange compulsion to try wearing the Ti McGizmo around the users neck, even if they have never done so for any other lights before, a noticable interest in the possible future acquisition of more Ti McGizmo lights and an almost total lack of interest in any of their other non-McGizmo lights that they did have interest in before the Ti McGizmo.

This series of manifestations almost always leads to selling other previously-treasured but non-Ti-McGizmo lights on CPF-BST, the acquisition of subsequent Ti McGizmo lights, thereby compounding the initial effects of the drug stemming from the first acquisition. The atrophy of the users bank account/PayPal account and/or inflation of the users credit card balances are some of the possible end signs.

This McGizmo-induced phenomenon is commonly referred to as "getting hooked" or "the club" or "the McGizmo club".

Just thought you'd like to know...:D

By the way, welcome to the club!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

spyrish

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the Welcome All,

Hey Dan and eljulez... long time no see.

I'm going to be very poor!!

I don't know if the addiction is permanent, I never got a "free" hit... or should I say light. When do I get that? haha

I really do like these light, a lot!! I'll be looking in the future for at least one more.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!

Last edited:

portagee slim

Newly Enlightened
'Fraid it's a permanent thing, Anthony! Ask Wabi, he was recently infected, too.Then you start looking for older examples, so you can see if there was something you missed that was WAY COOL, and then there's the whole Ti thing...... and then there's always the Next Wave....:poof:

Drew

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
Wow! I would love to have a McGizmo light, but I cant tell what
(if any) lights are available :(

All his sales threads are too old. Search just gave me more obsolete
threads!! :confused:

Is he still selling lights?
How do I find out what he has for sale these days?
Any contact links?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
PsychoBunny,

If I were more responsible and kept the "available lights" thread current, you could see what was avaiable by checking there, as intended. I just modified it as I saw that I had failed to remove the LunaSol 20 link. My bad!

I only have one SunDrop 3S left and will remove its mention and link from the available thread once the last one has been claimed.

At present, there are more Sapphire's, LunaSol 20's and Haikus in the works. It looks like May will see some more lights being offered up. At the moment, there is one SunDrop 3S left and that is it. :shrug:

Rico801

Newly Enlightened
Congrats Spyrish! Both of those McGizmos are on my list. Hopefully I'll be in a position to buy one of them in the next Wave. :grin2:

Enjoy!

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
PsychoBunny,

If I were more responsible and kept the "available lights" thread current, you could see what was avaiable by checking there, as intended. I just modified it as I saw that I had failed to remove the LunaSol 20 link. My bad!

I only have one SunDrop 3S left and will remove its mention and link from the available thread once the last one has been claimed.

At present, there are more Sapphire's, LunaSol 20's and Haikus in the works. It looks like May will see some more lights being offered up. At the moment, there is one SunDrop 3S left and that is it. :shrug:

Oh, okay thanks.
So how does your system work?
Do you post pics of your stuff with the prices and folks order them
via Paypal, or do you have waiting lists like Mike at OMG?
Sounds like you dont have a up-to-date sales thread thingy!

I would love to latch my bony little fingers on one of your LumaSol's :huh:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the club!

You will now be a permanent member.

You will always have at least one. :thumbsup:

malamalama

Newly Enlightened
Count me in. I just received my first McGizmo, a SunDrop 3S last week. It really is as good as everyone says it is. Amazing light.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
So how does your system work?
Do you post pics of your stuff with the prices and folks order them
via Paypal, or do you have waiting lists like Mike at OMG?
Sounds like you dont have a up-to-date sales thread thingy! ...

Don will often start a thread and post on what he is working on and then mention in his wave notification thread when a wave of lights will be up for sale. Once the wave sales thread is started you follow his how to order. Unfortunately to snag one of his lights you have to check your computer frequently in hopes of catching when he starts the sales thread because he does not give an exact time of when it will start. The only specific time he gave for the Ti AAA Sapphire sales thread was "Sunday afternoon". I basically had my laptop with me the whole day and it was worth it.