AAA light mounting?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, for the past few years I've been using various AA sized lights for my commutes, which have worked great. The other night I ended up riding after dark without any of my usual kit on me, just my non-cycling EDC (ssc p4-modded fenix E1, testicles specticals wallet and watch...and ball cap). Anyhow, that little E1 with its rediculously floody beam clipped to the ballcap brim did the job remarkable well, at almost zero weight and was in my pocket just a waiting to get used as always. So what I'm thinking is, if I switched out for a fenix L0D or LD01, those would have more than sufficient run time for my commute, cut down on weight and bulk as well as the number of lights I would have to carry (not to mention spare batt weights), all of this leading to a simpler, lighter pack

But I'm concerned I'll have issues with the mounting. I've been using twofish blocks with my AA lights, but they definately look to be rather large for holding a AAA sized light. Since I ride with a helmet, hat-brim mounting is out. Any thoughts? How do the AAA's and twofish work together? Remember, the entire goal here is simpler and lighter kit, so adapters or such for the twofish are less than an ideal sollution.

:thinking:

nathanschmoekel

Newly Enlightened
Those twofish mounts are soft enough to flex down to that size, but you will need shorter velcro straps. The hook/loop overlap will not line up when you pull them tight around the smaller light.

Another (better?)way to solve the issue would be to find something to fit around the light to make it bigger. Perhaps a rubber shim or gromet of somekind? You could even wrap the light with ducttape if you want to be sloppy about it.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
whne in had a lod. i used a rubber band in the clip and then wrap around the handlebar and then to the front of the light.