35mm Reflector

EL34

Newly Enlightened
I use that same DX 14599 reflector.

It is not that they changed it, the supplier sent them a bunch of wrong reflectors. This is what DX is telling me. If you look at the comments on the DX site, two people have reported getting the wrong reflectors.

I had to send back the last shipment of 6 and I am waiting for them to get the correct reflectors.

The ones they are shipping in error are 37mm in diameter and they do not have a flange at the glass end. They will not fit my application.

Here's a shot of the wrong reflectors and the correct ones.
Is this the same ones you received?
WrongReflectors2.jpg

steve6690

Enlightened
I recently received the 37mm incorrect reflectors. I managed to file them down to 35mm and they work very well with an MC-E

EL34

Newly Enlightened
The problem with that is that there is no flange that you can reduce on the 37mm reflectors.

removing 2mm does not seem like much, but it leaves that front area very thin, which may be ok in your flashlight, but it would not work for my bike lights application.

I'm gonna have to wait for the correct reflectors to be back in stock.

steve6690

Enlightened
Yes, it does end up very thin on the front. Too thin really, which is why I have ordered some 35mm reflectors from KD.

EL34

Newly Enlightened
Hey, can you give me that link?
I need some reflectors now.

Maybe the ones at KD will work?

EL34

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'll have to take a closer look at those and see if they will work. They may be too short.

They look way shorter that the DX reflectors, which have a very nice spread pattern with my P7 bike light designs.

Last edited:

steve6690

Enlightened
I'm using mine in a dive light with an MC-E running at 1A per die. Very pleased with the 37mm DX reflector and I hope the KD one is as good..

Baulz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'll have to take a closer look at those and see if they will work. They may be too short.

They look way shorter that the DX reflectors, which have a very nice spread pattern with my P7 bike light designs.

Do they have to be modified to fit a P7? I thought the were for smaller LED's.