My Tiablo A9 P7

sactime

Newly Enlightened
So after reading about StefanFS' project, I decided to mod a Tiablo A9 with a D-bin P7 driven at 2.8 amps.

Parts:

Tiablo A9 (legit)
UCL Glass
DWSOI SSC P7
2 - AMC7135 1400ma circuit boards
Fujik Thermal Compound
16mm Clicky Switch
Arctic Silver Thermal Epoxy
26 Gauge Teflon Wire from Mudman

Steps:

Remove the old emitter from the A9. Notice there is no thermal compound on the Q5...

Use a step-bit, or conical drill bit to open the reflector up to approximately 9mm.

Remove the brass contact ring from inside the Tiablo.

Make a sandwich from your circuit boards.

I found a small brass washer that fit perfectly inside of the contact ring, which makes perfect contact with the battery negative portion of the circuit board.

Apply a thin layer of arctic silver thermal epoxy to the back of the P7, and place it onto the heatsink.

Before the epoxy sets, screw on the head of the flashlight, and place the reflector inside as to line up the emitter with the reflector.

Beamshot from 8' 1/30

Beamshot from 8' 1/15

UV

Runtime

75 minutes to 50% power. The light will continue to be "bright enough" for another 60 minutes.

~20 minutes of "Holy **** that's the brightest light I've ever seen"
~55 minutes of "Good lord that's a car high beam in your hand"
~60 minutes of "Wow that's brighter than my mag"

Overall this light is damn bright. It will get warm, but bleeds off well in your hand. I dropped it from 5' onto solid cement (see the gouge in the bezel) without a hiccup.

Thanks to StefanFS, I would not have done this mod without his help in replying to all 1500 PM's I sent him.

Thanks for looking.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
wait.. no thermal compound on the A9?

how about the A10?

:checks:

or not... can't get it open..

Last edited: