Foxfury Rook
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 2

Default Re: Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by eg1977 View Post

Just bought this light, but don't know the part number.
    It's unusual for the L6x to be mounted on an A15 as this separates the batteries so this isn't a stock SureFire Classic WeaponLight as they were designed around the SFx23AC Shock Isolated Battery Sticks such as the three-DL123A containing SF323AC.

The components are:

- L6x Lamp Module. If it's a three-SF123A light it'll have the P90 Lamp Assembly making it the L69 Lamp Module. Note that I don't believe this is stock item.
    - A15 Offset Adapter with M26 mount for the front strut of the front sight casting of M16/AR15 variants
    - A21 Universal Housing Body [which forms part of the:]
    - UxxT switch assembly. Note that xx is the length of the tape pressure switch cable in whole inches. "T" indicates the flag switch is for Constant-on/off. (BTW, if the flag switch is for disabling the tape pressure switch then it'd be UxxS)

I suppose it is closest to the model 676 which features the L36, A15 & M26, U05.

On that basis I would hazard that a model number could be 976T.
    However, if you asked me what that was, I'd say:
    L39, A15 & M26, A12, U05T
    Last edited by Size15's; 05-02-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Just bought this light, but don't know the part number.
    How many batteries do you have in there? And which lamp?

Like Al said, usually battery capacity was increased by extending the light body behind the A15 adapter, not by adding to the front.

It would seem with a L60 on the front that 2 batteries would be too long to fit and 1 would not make proper contact.

I have a doubt whether a single SF123A in that L60 will function in that configuration. I assumed that eg1977 would've mentioned if the light wasn't functioning...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by LE6920 View Post
    How many batteries do you have in there? And which lamp?

Like Al said, usually battery capacity was increased by extending the light body behind the A15 adapter, not by adding to the front.

It would seem with a L60 on the front that 2 batteries would be too long to fit and 1 would not make proper contact.
    It came with 1 battery installed, but will fit 3 batteries (1 in front, 2 in back). It also came with a non-working Laser Products P60. I installed a P90 and 3 new CR123 batteries, it works fine.
    Last edited by eg1977; 05-02-2012 at 07:40 PM.

It came with 1 battery installed, but will fit 3 batteries (1 in front, 2 in back). It also came with a non-working Laser Products P60. I installed a P90 and 3 new CR123 batteries, it works fine.
    Very interesting. The single battery up front does not rattle around at all?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by LE6920 View Post
    Very interesting. The single battery up front does not rattle around at all?
    No rattle

Got a Hellfire Pelican Storm case for my Hellfighter. Found it on ebay for $119 shipped

This case just dwarfs the Hellfighter.
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Cool! Nice find.

This isn't mine, a friend sent it in for a mod. A few dings here and there, good to see it has some heavy use. I'll take a better photo when it's done.

Arc4+ mods/repair. LED drop in for SF E-Series. Onion Rings for SF A2.

Any pics of the turbo head from the business end?
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    This isn't mine, a friend sent it in for a mod. A few dings here and there, good to see it has some heavy use. I'll take a better photo when it's done.
    The suspense .... how are you going to mod it ?

Just did a quick search and found McG auctioned one off 9 years ago on the behalf of PK
    He modded it with a 5W X bin SideEmitter Luxeon
    Just wondering, does the Photon King reflector have the same size opening in the reflector
    as a KT-6 head ? or is it something entirely different ?

PK = paul kim, right?

how do y'all get a hold of these PK lights? do you have to know people or is there some email list or what?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Here's some new shots of the PK Surefire titanium Titan prototype currently listed for sale on eBay:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/RARE-PROTOTYPE-Surefire-Titan-Flashlights-TITANIUM-Museum-pieces-/00/s/MTM1NVgxNjAw/$T2eC16NHJHIE9nyseGi,BP9JU5SJmQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/RARE-PROTOTYPE-Surefire-Titan-Flashlights-TITANIUM-Museum-pieces-/00/s/MTU5N1gxNjAw/$T2eC16FHJGoE9nuQeWveBP9JVByb,Q%7E%7E60_57.JPG

Oversize Images removed
    Last edited by Norm; 08-31-2012 at 02:04 AM.

i saw that, too, but it doesn't say PK on it, though... seemed odd to me. I saw the auction said they were PK pieces, but they don't have PK on the lights that I can see ya know
    Last edited by Norm; 08-31-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    PK = paul kim, right?

how do y'all get a hold of these PK lights? do you have to know people or is there some email list or what?
    e-mail list??

We all wish it was that easy. Normally, it involves a great deal of hunting one down, and just sticking to it.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Alright, here's more pictures, I have to retrieve it from its hiding place, I really can't afford to lose it if someone break into my place. I don't think money can replace this rare gem.
    I have no idea what's a KT-6 but the PK1 is significant bigger than the M6 KT-4 head. The LED opening is slightly bigger than 11mm. As for the mod, I probably turn a piece of sink from copper and a 3A XML, this will keep the PK1 head untouch. The reflector is a part of the head it is non removable.

The PK1 sink is very thick which is important because the poor Lux V 5W is over-driven by a step-down converter. The output current to the LED is about ~1350mA @ 6.5V. Input is 1240mA@8.4V. So the output at the LED is 8.78W, and current draw of the battery is 10.42W.Efficiency is about 84%. Not bad. But the 5W LED is being over-driven badly, it got very hot quickly with the module detached from the head.

The beam is nothing to shout about, the wide reflector produce a very tight spot. Something I have never seen before, it is as if the light is coming from a P60 XR-E reflector light. The 5W is a loser for today standard.

As to where it came from, I have no idea, my friend said he bought it from a Korean. Which I believe a lot of PK items are traded there. The seller also has numerous rare Surefire such as A2T, L6T, PK2. So I guess this is a different PK1.

Last edited by koala; 07-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks for the photos - It's been many years since I got to play with those sized TurboHeads.

I have no idea what's a KT-6 but the PK1 is significant bigger than the M6 KT-4 head. The LED opening is slightly bigger than 11mm.
    The M6 does not use the "KT4" - The KT4 used the same TurboHead as the M6 - namely the "Millennium TurboHead".
    The KT4 is 'Kit, TurboHead, No.4' - this kit features the Millennium TurboHead, MN15 and MN16 Lamp Assemblies.
    These Lamp Assemblies are for three-SF123A models, and the KT4 TurboHead Kit is used to 'convert' the M3 into the M3T, the M500A into the M500AB and the M900A into the M900AB, and so on.

Also worth noting that SureFire does not tend to use dashes it's KT4 not KT-4.

I'm not sure what KT-6 is either...

Flashaholic*

well used 3P with german branding:

happens

Flashaholic

Surefire 310 weapon light

Nice^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by gripnSUREFIRE; 09-27-2012 at 01:49 PM.

The seller also has numerous rare Surefire such as A2T
    I really only had one unobtainable grail that I knew existed, and that was Size15's purple A2. The A2T is now sharing that status.
    Last edited by novice; 08-12-2012 at 09:02 PM.

The owner of PK1 also manage to get hold of A2T earlier. They too paid a visit at koala's sanctuary for a quick mod, previously.

Last edited by koala; 08-13-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Thank you for sharing the photo, Koala. That turbohead aviator is just too cool for words. Does the reflector add mainly more spill to the light, or does it help project the main beam further, or both?

Better throw, tighter spot, less spill. Sorry I didn't get a chance to take a beamshot but it isn't excatly 'wow'.

tapatalk

This just arrived here:

A Surefire Z3, not as rare as some of the others in this thread, but it's still BNIP.
    I'm still trying to work up the courage to open it

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by It01Firefox View Post
    This just arrived here:
    [image in original post]

A Surefire Z3, not as rare as some of the others in this thread, but it's still BNIP.
    I'm still trying to work up the courage to open it
    I suppose this is the one that was on ebay a few days ago? Nice to see it went to a CPFer. I didn't bid because I wanted to avoid the conflict whether to open it or not
    happens

Yup, that's the one. Thanks for letting me have it.
    I'll put the decision off till I get home tonight

I respect y'alls willpower -- I have yet to buy a NIB light that I didn't immediately rip open when I got it home. Maybe that's why I don't consider myself a collector
    Chris

I know I'm the oddball (less so in this thread though), but I wouldn't open it - I think that the Z3 is rarer than most folks give credit for.

It's deceptive in that it's relatively recent production, but I see way more 3P's, 6Z's, and 9Z's changing hands even though they are considerably older and more desirable when in mint condition. I almost never see a Z3 up for sale on CPF/MP - there just aren't that many out there.

I know its wishful thinking, but I'd love to see production numbers for the various SF's. I think the low #'s of Z3's would surprise some folks.

I know that collectibility is a function of rarity and desirability, and I feel that the Z3 is rather rare. They are less valuable than other collector SF's because they are not considered to be as desirable, but those types of things can change over time.

What did this Z3 go for, BTW?
    Last edited by Kestrel; 08-31-2012 at 06:14 AM.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Well I have a lot of Surefires but I usually get them to use them, so the only SF I have that is NIP, other than this Z3, is a 6P gift set of which I have two, so I only opened one.

But you're right, I think the Z3 is a rare find, too, so I'm on the fence on this one.
    Ah well, we'll see how this one plays out at home

80$ incl. shipping.