Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Extra-valued 6P, like when serial codes on bank notes gone wrong, they attract collectors:nana:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
[Continuation from Part 1]

I've been wondering how many strange and unusual Surefires are out there floating around that need to be brought to the light...

If you have any Surefires that have Laser Etching/Engravings or Lack there of, or Strange Colors, Darpa models, PROTOTYPES, Old and forgotten models, Flaws that slipped through Quality Control, or any SF light that you think should be posted that meets a like description. That includes Porcupines, Low serial numbers(even though they don't go in any particular order) and Anything Else UNUSUAL

Please post em.....

I have collected a few interesting SF items. I buy and sell parts all the time and occasionally I end up with some cool things. I still need a Black head/Tailcap for my Black L1 body, and some DARPA Heads would fit nicely on those bodies as well....

Heres my list.

1. NASA SPACE CREW Tailcap:naughty:
2. DELTA FORCE ONE Tailcap:thinking:
3. 9P-PH Sure-Fire LASER PRODUCTS DEUTSCHLAND Tailcap
4. 6Z Tailcap with other 3P laser markings
5. Sure-Fire 3P-PH LASER PRODUCTS DEUTSCHLAND
6. Black L1 Body:confused:
7. E-Series Head with SF LOGO Engraved:cool:
8. KL4 with Nice tool-drag mark:ohgeez:
9. 6P Bezel HA III United States Marine Corps LOGO
10. 6P beze BLK "Safari Club International":xyxgun:
11. NA HAIII 6P Complete Light-First Gen-*MINT*
12. NRA Saten Grey 6P-tailcap:mad:
13. Scoutlight Body with No engraving
14. 3 X DARPA Bodies:thumbsup:
15. MH60 Millenium Series Weaponlight Bodies with "CIA-DEA Serial #":thinking::duck::sweat:
16. Unengraved/Laser Etched 6P/9P/E1e/L2/A2 Bodies:sssh:
17. "Skinny" LU10 Adaptor
18. Surefire "PORSCHE" Flashlight:grin2:

Pics coming soon....

031.jpg

032-1.jpg

030.jpg

Yes, thats is a 6P with SN# 000006

029-1.jpg

027-2.jpg

SO..... LETS SEE WHAT YA GOT!!!:popcorn:

willrx

Enlightened
Re: Post Your RARE/UNUSUAL SUREFIRES:

In case anyone wondered where these have landed.........
I also figured Tempest's C2 was getting lonely and might like a little company.:)
IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW!

Awsome display and beutiful C2 and E2E.
I absolutely love them.

Congratulations.
Benny

DM51

Flashaholic

Those really are two beautifully matching lights - and that is a really strikingly vivid flame orange. The other items in your display case look quite enticing too!

DM51

Flashaholic

Part 1 got to >800 posts without us noticing!

This is Part 2, kicked off with willrx's magnificent orange duo moved across into this new thread.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Part 1 got to >800 posts without us noticing!

LOL.

None of the Moderators or Admins noticed the 800 pound gorilla in the room... even when he held up a Surefire Beast. :p

Those orange Surefires are pure win! :huh:

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Reading the entirety of the first thread, I'm a little confused regarding my retro E1.
The clip's lanyard attachment point was added shortly after the E-Series was introduced so if your one doesn't have it, it is an early example...
Cuptest4016.jpg
Cuptest4011.jpg

So no lanyard attachment point = early example, but a S/N of A04849, which doesn't seem early to me? (I do know that the pictured tailcap is the somewhat later LO twistie, I have the original non-LO tailcap as well)

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic

Reading the entirety of the first thread, I'm a little confused regarding my retro E1.

So no lanyard attachment point = early example, but a S/N of A04849, which doesn't seem early to me? (I do know that the pictured tailcap is the somewhat later LO twistie, I have the original tailcap as well)
I don't have data on when the change was made however;
1) Serial numbers are not a reliable means of determining fine-detail in terms of production date or production sequence.
2) I consider a sub-5000 serial number to be a pretty early example, certainly within the context of the clip change.
3) I have pre-production samples of SureFires with serial numbers both in the high-hundreds, and in the low thousands that I was sent for field-testing months before the products were released.

Serial numbers can only reliably differentiate one from the next. They are a very poor indication of date of birth (manufacture/assembly/shipping etc)

Al

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Serial numbers can only reliably differentiate one from the next. They are a very poor indication of date of birth (manufacture/assembly/shipping etc)
Reading CPF, I have gotten that impression in only a general sense. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Patriot

Flashaholic

3) I have pre-production samples of SureFires with serial numbers both in the high-hundreds, and in the low thousands that I was sent for field-testing months before the products were released.

You've mentioned this before but I frequently forget this fact and try to logically line things up at times based on the SN. It's very interesting to me that SF would produce pre-production samples with serial numbers in the low thousands but I suppose they have their reasons.

Kestrel, I really like your early e-series with numbered head and cross-hairs. I too would agree that it's a very early light even though it's a nearly 5K serial. I remember buying that exact same model on my lunch hour back when it was first introduced. I see yours has the distinction of being Milky-fied. :)

Size15's

Flashaholic

You've mentioned this before but I frequently forget this fact and try to logically line things up at times based on the SN. It's very interesting to me that SF would produce pre-production samples with serial numbers in the low thousands but I suppose they have their reasons.
Its something I've wondered about. For example: Does this mean there are xxxx other samples out there in the hands for various field-testing groups?
In fact its more likely that production is sufficiently down the production path that batches certain components such as bodies and bezel housings have already been manufactured even though other components and electronics etc are still being finalised.
Also, if one was to run a batch of a few hundred or whatever bodies or bezels through the laser etching process starting with A00001 and working up, and placing the etched components in trays and stacking the trays - those with higher numbers will be on the top of the stack of trays and so grabbed first by the proto-type team for use in samples etc.

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Kestrel, I really like your early e-series with numbered head and cross-hairs. I too would agree that it's a very early light even though it's a nearly 5K serial. I remember buying that exact same model on my lunch hour back when it was first introduced. I see yours has the distinction of being Milky-fied. :)
Yes, the emitter isn't exactly stock.:)
Cuptest4012-1.jpg

The newer tailcap has the McE2s for a ~10 lumen low level, which is also nice. I am proud of this light, but I didn't know that it was such an early example (I didn't know about the lanyard attachment point aspect) before getting the head permanently modded.

I guess the thing is, though, that it would be just sitting around unused if kept in its original form, this way it's an EDC that's getting daily use. Unlike a lot of other SF's I'm seeing in this thread.:nana:
(That's just to make me feel better after seeing that gorgeous pair of matching orange SF's)

Edit: I see that there is a comparable vintage E1 (no lanyard attachment point) in the Marketplace, but the S/N is A23557. Crazy.

Last edited:

FredericoFreire

Enlightened
I found those pictures over the internet, at an asian forums. None of them are mine. Seems that there are some serious Surefire collectors over there. Take a look at the rare red 3P, and what about the ultra rare blue 3P :naughty:; There are some PK's signed L6 Porcupines.

Status
Not open for further replies.