SunwayLED
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Law Enforcement Lights

Default 2009 Law Enforcement Lights

The 2009 Peak LED Solutions line of professional Law Enforcement LED flashlights. All of these flashlights are designed to meet the Mission Critical requirements of the law enforcement community. (These are not commercial grade lights masquerading as duty lights). They are manufactured and assembled in Phoenix, Arizona USA.

Vein Illuminator IV 1: A 4 watt high power medical LED flashlight with a special lens assembly designed to change the sometimes difficult IV cathode insertion into a single stick procedure. This light is used to locate veins in the hand or foot and will penetrate up to 1-1/4 inches of non-muscular tissue. Veins appear as black lines in a translucent red background. It is only 4 inches long and uses a single rechargeable RCR123A Lithium-Ion battery.

Vein Illuminator IV 2: A 10 watt high power medical LED flashlight with a special lens assembly designed to change the sometimes difficult IV cathode insertion into a single stick procedure. This light is used to locate veins in the hand or foot and will penetrate up to 1-3/4 inches of non-muscular tissue. Veins appear as black lines in a translucent red background. It is only 6 inches long and uses two rechargeable RCR123A Lithium-Ion batteries.

Rainer: A small pocket backup light that uses a single rechargeable RCR123A Lithium-Ion battery, 1 inch head diameter by 3-3/4 inch long with tail operated momentary switch. Single light output level is 200 to 230 Lumens. Options include a 2 x AA battery compartment and traffic control wands.

Night Patrol - NP270S: A single output level 270 Lumen primary duty light that uses a single 18650, or two RCR123A Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries or two CR123A Lithium batteries. There are four optional battery compartments for a total of 3.7 to 12 volts of battery supply. The head is 1-1/4 inches in diameter with an anti-roll hex. Overall length is 6 inches long with a dual position tail operated switch. Single light output level of 250 to 280 Lumens. Options include interchangeable windows to modify light output patterns, battery compartments, traffic control wands and a two inch adjustable belt holster.

Night Patrol - NP350S: A single output level 350 Lumen primary duty light that uses a single 18650, or two RCR123A Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries or two CR123A Lithium batteries. There are four optional battery compartments for a total of 3.7 to 12 volts of battery supply. The head is 1-1/4 inches in diameter with an anti-roll hex. Overall length is 6 inches long with a dual position tail operated switch. Single light output level of 330 to 380 Lumens. Options include battery compartments, traffic control wands and a two inch adjustable belt holster.
    Night Patrol – NP270A:A 270 Lumen adjustable output primary duty light that uses a single 18650, or two RCR123A Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries or two CR123A Lithium batteries. There are four optional battery compartments for a total of 3.7 to 12 volts of battery supply. The head is 1-1/4 inches in diameter with an anti-roll hex. Overall length is 6-5/8 inches long with a tail operated lockout switch. A head mounted control adjusts the light output from zero to 280 Lumens. Options include interchangeable windows to modify light output patterns, battery compartments, traffic control wands and a two inch adjustable belt holster.

Night Patrol – NP350A:A 350 Lumen adjustable output primary duty light that uses a single 18650, or two RCR123A Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries or two CR123A Lithium batteries. There are four optional battery compartments for a total of 3.7 to 12 volts of battery supply. The head is 1-1/4 inches in diameter with an anti-roll hex. Overall length is 6-5/8 inches long with a tail operated lockout switch. A head mounted control adjusts the light output from zero to 380 Lumens. Options include battery compartments, traffic control wands and a two inch adjustable belt holster.

Combat Patrol – CP150C:A 150 Lumen computer controlled primary duty light that uses a single 18650, or two RCR123A Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries or two CR123A Lithium batteries. There are two optional battery compartments for a total of 3.7 to a maximum of 6 volts of battery supply. The head is 1-1/4 inches in diameter with an anti-roll hex. Overall length is 6 inches long with a tail operated switch. The tail switch controls the computer to adjust the output from 150 to 75 to 25 Lumens plus strobe and momentary on/off. Options include interchangeable windows to modify light output patterns, battery compartments, traffic control wands and a two inch adjustable belt holster.

Combat Patrol – CP200C:A 200 Lumen computer controlled primary duty light that uses a single 18650, or two RCR23A Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries or two CR123A Lithium batteries. There are two optional battery compartments for a total of 3.7 to a maximum of 6 volts of battery supply. The head is 1-1/4 inches in diameter with an anti-roll hex. Overall length is 6 inches long with a tail operated switch. The tail switch controls the computer to adjust the output from 200 to 100 to 40 Lumens plus strobe and momentary on/off. Options include battery compartments, traffic control wands and a two inch adjustable belt holster.

First Responder – FR400A: A 400 Lumen adjustable output primary duty light that uses a single 18650, or two RCR123A Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries or two CR123A Lithium batteries or two or more AA batteries. There are three optional battery compartments for a total of 3.7 to a maximum of 9 volts of battery supply. The head is 1-5/8 inches in diameter. Overall length is 7-5/8 inches long with a tail operated lockout switch. A head mounted control adjusts the light output from zero to 400+ Lumens. Options include battery compartments, traffic control wands and a two inch adjustable belt holster.

First Responder – FR600A: A 600 Lumen adjustable output primary duty light that uses two 18500 Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries or three CR123A Lithium batteries. There are four optional battery compartments for a total of 3.7 to 12 volts of battery supply. The head is 1-5/8 inches in diameter. Overall length is 9-1/4 inches long with a tail operated lockout switch. A head mounted control adjusts the light output from zero to 600 Lumens. Options include battery compartments, traffic control wands and a two inch adjustable belt holster.

First Responder – FR1000A: A 1000 Lumen adjustable output primary duty light that uses two 18650 Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries or four CR123A Lithium batteries. There are four optional battery compartments for a total of 3.7 to 12 volts of battery supply. The head is 1-5/8 inches in diameter. Overall length is 10-1/2 inches long with a tail operated lockout switch. A head mounted control adjusts the light output from zero to 1000 Lumens. Options include battery compartments, traffic control wands and a two inch adjustable belt holster.

First Responder Rifle Light – FRRL150C: A computer controlled 150 Lumen output light that uses two CR123A batteries or two RCR23A Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries. The light includes a standard under the barrel military rail mount adapter, a thumb operated control switch and a vertical handle with spare battery storage. The computer controls three constant on output levels, strobe, and momentary on/off.

First Responder Rifle Light – FRRL200C: A computer controlled 200 Lumen output light that uses two CR123A batteries or two RCR23A Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries. The light includes a standard under the barrel military rail mount adapter, a thumb operated control switch and a vertical handle with spare battery storage. The computer controls three constant on output levels, strobe, and momentary on/off.

First Responder Rifle Light – FRRL500S: A single output level 500 Lumen light that uses two CR123A Lithium or two RCR123A Lithium-Ion batteries. The light includes a standard under the barrel military rail mount adapter; a thumb operated momentary – on/off control switch and a vertical handle with spare battery storage. Adjustable output head is a no cost option.

First Responder Rifle Light – FRRL1000S:A single output level 1000 Lumen light that uses two 18650 Lithium-Ion rechargeable or four CR123A Lithium primary batteries. The light includes a standard under the barrel military rail mount adapter and horizontal handle. A thumb operated momentary only control switch is mounted in the head. Adjustable output head is a no cost option.

Curt

Flashaholic*

Default Re: 2009 Law Enforcement Lights

Any pics?

I need a vein illuminator 2 for work. OK maybe not NEED but it'd be cool!

At least 3 other models are catching my eye too, what are the prices?
    Last edited by Sgt. LED; 04-28-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Rainer: A small pocket backup light that uses a single rechargeable RCR123A Lithium-Ion battery, 1 inch head diameter by 3-3/4 inch long with tail operated momentary switch. Single light output level is 200 to 230 Lumens. Options include a 2 x AA battery compartment and traffic control wands.

Its better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Flashaholic

The Vein Illuminator lights sound awesome, even though I typically don't start IVs.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by DaFABRICATA View Post
    Any pics?
    Working on them now - hope to have some good ones soon.

Robyn

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. LED View Post
    I let a friend of mine that works in a NICU use one for testing - she won't give it back and all of the other nurses are constantly borrowing it from her.

Working on pictures now.

Robyn

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by RobynS View Post
    Working on them now - hope to have some good ones soon.

Robyn
    Great!
    I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the new flashlights.
    As soon as I could decide between the different models,

Michael

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. LED View Post

At least 3 other models are catching my eye too, what are the prices?

First Responder FR400A 270.00

First Responder FR400 250.00

First Responder FR600A 265.00

First Responder FR600 245.00

First Responder FR1000A 285.00

First Responer FR1000 265.00

Rainier 105.00

Night Patrol NP270S 130.00

Night Patrol NP350S 160.00

Night Patrol NP270A 150.00

Night Patrol NP350A 180.00

Combat Patrol CP150C 160.00

Combat Patrol CP200C 190.00

Robyn

Flashaholic*

I am assuming the medical lights are smooth ss for easy disinfection. Possibly Orange/Red emitter
    combination- just guessing- looking forward to a pic.
    Last edited by RAGE CAGE; 04-29-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by RobynS View Post
    I let a friend of mine that works in a NICU use one for testing - she won't give it back and all of the other nurses are constantly borrowing it from her.

Working on pictures now.

Robyn
    Sounds like it works well! Oh and those Vein Illuminators are the 2 models you didn't give prices for.

Woohoo! Just called Robyn and ordered an FR1000A

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by MWClint View Post
    Woohoo! Just called Robyn and ordered an FR1000A

Nice....single P7 emitter in that one? Beamshots please- just be careful you don't melt your wall.

This is an endorsement for the FR1000S:

It is from "US Corrections Special Operations Group."
    __________________________________________________ _______

"After many years of using tactical lights during real world corrections special operations incidents the PEAK FR 1000 is the most advanced hand held light I have ever used. The inmates do not know what to think of it and most of all it is simply "Kills the dark with the Light.""

Senior Team Leader
    SDU Team-1

*** UNCLASSIFIED Sent From SAT COMM ***
    "Una Caterva, Una Pugna"

US C-SOG http://www.corspecops.com

__________________________________________________ _____

They now have 40 FR1000S, 20 FR400S, 2 FR1000A, and a FR600A.
    This is a real hard core outfit. These people go into prison riots where they encounter the baddest. meanest hombres on the planet. They have mounted some of our lights on their shotguns and pictured them on the side of their mobile training trailer.

Curt

So, being the rabid flashaholic that I am, I must ask...
    What sort of emitter(s) are you using on the FR1000's to get 1000 lumens?
    Neutral white, it's the new black.

Flashaholic

there are some questions, which are important for me before ordering:

* are these flashlights waterproof/waterresistant, especially CP and NP?

* the tailcap switch is a forward clicky? The NP and FR uses the knob to
    adjust the brightness, how is it done on the CP? Is the UI kind of this: 200L -> 100L -> 40L -> strobe -> 200L and so on? With or without memory?

*what holster can you provide with your leo-flashlights?

Thank you!
    Michael

PhantomPhoton:

The FR1000, FR600, NP350 and CP200 use the Seoul P7 D bin LED.
    The FR1000A LED is driven at 3.4 Amps for an estimated 1150 bare bulb Lumen output. The FR1000S is driven at 2.5 to 2.8 Amps.

Grinsefalle:

All models are water resistant using O-Rings at all points. The tail switches have rubber boot coverings and the control pots have O-Rings. The electronics are potted in a special thermal conductive epoxy for shock resistance and water resistance. The LED heat sink modual is user replaceable in the FR series so that the latest high performance LED can upgrade the light without having to buy a new light.

The FR and NP series use a Judco tail switch that is forward click. A slight depress can be used for momentary operation.

The CP lights use a single fixed sequence operation with clicks to change outputs and a single click to turn off from any chosen output. Depress and hold for more than a second turns the light on at 100% untill released for momentary operation. The CP control may be changed out with an optional Judco switch at any time if required.

We have a ballistic nylon stretch holster for 2 inch duty belts that can rotate the light to different positions. This enables the light to be carried on the side of the body and rotated forward, up or down for hands free usage. The stretch range is from 5/8 ths inch to 1-1/4 inch battery compartment diameters. 10.00 USD. The NP and CP models can use a Su**fire molded plastic holster in either head up or head down position.

Curt

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Curt R View Post
    bunch of info
    Many thanks, Curt!
    Now it is time do decide and order!

Michael

Vein Illuminator prices please.

Flashaholic

One more question:
    What is the beam characteristics of the P7-models (NP350, FR...)?
    Flood, how much throw, is there a donut hole,..?

If the pics are already made, we would be happy to see them

best wishes
    Michael

Wow, you folks are really zeroing in on the first responder market. I have a brother that might be interested in one of the vein lights.
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

+1 I'm really excited about the vein illuminator. My mum just started CT's at the hospital and has to run IV's pretty often. This would make a great gift!
    siamo il rumore

Grinsofalle:

The P7 optics in the FR1000 is from Sekonix. It is a 15 degree unit with a square beam pattern. There are four optional lens windows that can be added for a 15, 20, 30 round output and a 30 degree edge to edge fog pattern. A different optic is a 10 degree output. I do not have any optional windows at this time as there is no US dealer for these optics.

The vein lights are 125.00 and 175.00.

Curt

Are there any new updates about pics?

omg! I received the 2x18650 FR1000A, got to use it at work last night.
    The First Responder is impressive.
    My coworker thought it was a lightsaber. He was somewhat
    right(it does kinda look like one) had it around medium when
    i turned it on..and he said wow that's bright. had to turn it up to max.
    nothing dangerous at work..my enemy is the dark server room.
    dark no more..

The high is obvisouly great..3.4 amps to a p7 rocks.
    The low is seriously low and has almost no spill. Nice!

The square beam is interesting, but it actually makes sense. whatever
    you point it at becomes lit up.. instead of shining a hotspot at someones
    head...and possibly missing where/what their hands are doing..you
    see the entire person equally with this beam from head to toe.
    There are artifacts you see indoors...but theres so much light it opens
    up the entire room anyway. outdoors it blends well.

the dial has a very natural output, there are no slow or fast spots..it's very
    smooth. you can tell theres an oring in there..as you can feel the positive
    resistance. spins around 300 degrees. easy to adjust with one hand while
    holding the light.

both ends are delrin. the tail cap has a protective delrin cover that you can
    pull out ~1/3inch and then the light tailstands...same with the night patrol.
    you can fully slide it off for easy access to the switch. The front delrin bezel
    appears to have a lip that serves as an accessory attatchment point.
    looking beyond the fins, the actual head has a neat hourglass shape.

my camera is charging right now..so i'll post pics tonite. this is one heck of a
    light. if i can get a break at work, i'll snap some outdoor shots against the
    building and at some trees/cars...

the single 18650 body from the night patrol fits and works fine on the
    FR1000A. brightness goes up to around 3/4...~2.2 amps im guessing from the
    output.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by MWClint View Post
    omg! I received the 2x18650 FR1000A, got to use it at work last night.
    The First Responder is impressive.
    My coworker thought it was a lightsaber. He was somewhat
    right(it does kinda look like one) had it around medium when
    i turned it on..and he said wow that's bright. had to turn it up to max.
    nothing dangerous at work..my enemy is the dark server room.
    dark no more..

The high is obvisouly great..3.4 amps to a p7 rocks.
    The low is seriously low and has almost no spill. Nice!

The square beam is interesting, but it actually makes sense. whatever
    you point it at becomes lit up.. instead of shining a hotspot at someones
    head...and possibly missing where/what their hands are doing..you
    see the entire person equally with this beam from head to toe.
    There are artifacts you see indoors...but theres so much light it opens
    up the entire room anyway. outdoors it blends well.

the dial has a very natural output, there are no slow or fast spots..it's very
    smooth. you can tell theres an oring in there..as you can feel the positive
    resistance. spins around 300 degrees. easy to adjust with one hand while
    holding the light.

both ends are delrin. the tail cap has a protective delrin cover that you can
    pull out ~1/3inch and then the light tailstands...same with the night patrol.
    you can fully slide it off for easy access to the switch. The front delrin bezel
    appears to have a lip that serves as an accessory attatchment point.
    looking beyond the fins, the actual head has a neat hourglass shape.

my camera is charging right now..so i'll post pics tonite. this is one heck of a
    light. if i can get a break at work, i'll snap some outdoor shots against the
    building and at some trees/cars...

the single 18650 body from the night patrol fits and works fine on the
    FR1000A. brightness goes up to around 3/4...~2.2 amps im guessing from the
    output.
    We will now call you Darth MWClint.
    I heard the dial is now a little smaller than the original design.
    Are you saving up for an Eiger?
    Awaiting pictures from the cockpit of your Tie Fighter.....

"Red 5 to Golden Leader, Stay on Target"
    "Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place". John Bender, The Breakfast Club

The front bezel is a special urethane compound that we have cast for us and then we machine it to size. After dropping the light at an angle of 30 degrees from 11 feet to a concrete floor, the front bezel showed no marks or damage with a 20 power microscope. The batteries inside the light however were a bit shorter.

Forgot to mention that the test was 30 drops.

Curt

Flashaholic*

The FR series looks to be an eye opening experience!
    The dual 18650 cells make sense, no need to carry a bag full of primaries and the cost/hassle to go with it.
    The light to find veins I find very, very interesting. I know a lot of people that would love to have that in their field of expertise. In a few years it might be me. Eagerly awaiting the review on the vein lights since I might be going to nursing school. Wonder if that would be considered cheating?
    Peak Pacific AAA UP brass (EDC) E01 (keys), Peaks, Arcs, Fenix, Q5 Aspheric HA-III Mag etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt R View Post
    The front bezel is a special urethane compound...
    Curt
    ah nice.
    i guess thats why they make bowling balls out of urethane.
    they can to stand up to quite a beating.