bicycle mount for surefire G2

iyn

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know how to mount a Surefire g-2 flashlight on a road bicycle?
I do not ride my bike in the dark often and do not want to buy a bicycle light, but I have a number of Surefire G2 LED flashlight at home that are bright enough to light the road. something that can come on and off relatively easy.

Scoot

Newly Enlightened
I found this in another thread and will try them with my flashlight.

Google "mini quick fist"

Of course there are many options to find out about out here.:naughty:

Nilsson

Newly Enlightened
Something like this maybe?
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8274

DSCN1929.jpg

DSCN1612.jpg

idratherplaytennis

Newly Enlightened
This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for... for like, days :twothumbs. Should have googled "bike mounted surefire" in the first place!

Question though, looking into getting this for mounting my G2 or various other Surefires... how well does the bracket mount to a bike? Is it reliable? Looking into mounting it to my new Giant OCR C3 road bike for some night riding.. and if I had to buy just the bracket, it would be a REAL saver on the wallet as I blew a lot of cash on the carbon fiber bike... hah..

Illum

Flashaholic
wrap some rubber tarp fragments around the handlebars, fir it with a hose clamp.
Take another hose clamp, connect it perpendicular to the one on the handlebars, then tighten the lower [handlebar] one.
Take your G2, wrap some rubber/tarp sheet fragments around that, stuff it into the top hose clamp, tighten the clamp your G2 is in.

Your done.

Cheers to carrot for this idea

Polklifer

Newly Enlightened
4 Sevens also has a couple of different light mounts. I bought one from them a couple of years back (I don't see this particular one on their site any longer) and it works pretty well. I use it to hold a Fenix P1D-Q5 and the whole thing is quite small.