Lamina leds

jason 77

Enlightened
Hey everyone.....

Does anyone know if these Atlas series Lamina leds on ledsupply.com are any good?

Looking at their data sheet it seems that they put out the same if not more that some of these Cree's and for less money?

I am looking specifically at the Warm White ones, I want to use them in a light in my bathroom.

R33E8

Newly Enlightened
They aren't as efficient.. They use 7-8V due to the arrangement of the LED dies.. But on the upside they do provide a lot more light as well as a MUCH lower thermal resistance(you can use a smaller heat sink).. The Vf may have decreased since that data sheet is based off of old Bridgelux dies they used for the initial test(they are still using Bridgelux dies AFAIK).. So I'm sure they are more efficient and brighter now.. I personally love them but they aren't popular in flashlights due to the multi-die construction that presents problems with the beam.. For general lighting they are great..

Edit:
One thing though, you can be pretty confident that their ratings in the datasheet are what are you get.. When they measure outputs they make sure the LED is at operating temperature... When testing their replacement bulbs for example, they have them lit until the heat sink temperature stabilizes (pretty hot, like 60C or so) before recording the measurements..

I guess it would be wise to say that I was an intern there so I may have some bias towards them..

Last edited: