MAG2C w/ MAG Charger bulb

737mech

Enlightened
As a new flashaholic and someone who loves to tinker I stumbled on this and wondered if anyone else has done it. I bought the parts to make 2 MAG2C incans. Well I was messing around with parts, bulbs and batteries and came up with this...

-Pewter MAG2C host with stock switch
-Downloads MAG2C/18650 battery sleeve
-FM's brass Bi-Pin G4 adapter
-Kai Aluminum Smooth Reflector
-2 Tenergy 18650 cells
-UCL lens
-MAG Charger bulb

I was very surprised to discover that this light is VERY bright. While I have no way to measure actual output I could compare it to my MAG 2C with an AW soft start, 5761 bulb, UCL lens,and 18650's. While of course my MAG61 is brighter I must say its not THAT much brighter than my light with the MAG charger bulb. It throws almost as far and the hotspot at 1 foot is about the same. Anyone ever done this? Its nice because I have a bunch of MAG Charger bulbs already on hand.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Hi Mech,

Long answer
In my experience, aside from Malkoff's, the main LED forum is largely turn key LED lights, so people who modify LEDs (which are also more popular) post here and get replies. The main incan forum largely already has custom and modified content, so there isn't much call to overflow to here.

Short answer
This would get better play in the main incan forum

In any case, I'm going to look up this bulb and see what it can do, thanks!

Last edited:

Al Combs

Enlightened
Actually I think it's a good idea. I never did like the idea of the ROP. You buy two bulbs for 10 bucks and throw one away. Or save them until you have a dozen and hope you'll find a use for them.:thinking: Of course with a Mag-Charger bulb you do need the Bi-Pin adapter.

It looks quite a bit like a WelchAllyn bulb. I wish I knew which one it is so I could look it up on the Destructive Incan Test thread. I wonder if it can survive IMR's without a soft-start. I happen to have a 2C I'm going to make into a P7 or MC-E eventually. But in the meantime...

Thanks for posting. :twothumbs

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I think it's a good idea. I never did like the idea of the ROP. You buy two bulbs for 10 bucks and throw one away. Or save them until you have a dozen and hope you'll find a use for them.
I thought the plan was you build two of them, and have one for work (low) and one for play (high). :p

Looks pretty decent; you could probably drop a WA1111 in if you ever want high beams. ;)