I did it!

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally managed to convince my parents to buy me the Fenix LD20. For the last two + months that I have belonged here, I have looked up many of the reviews for the LD20. I finally decided that the LD20 was right for me. I have not regretted my decision.
It arrived today!!! Yes!
Some background. Approximately 8 days ago, I decided that I would like to finally purchase the LD20. I looked up 4Sevens, and took a look at their prices. ~$63. So, after school, I went to my bank, and withdrew enough to buy the light. When I got home, I started trying to convince my parents that I wanted (needed, teehee) a $63 dollar flashlight. This went on for the last 4 days. Finally, my parents caved, and ordered it for me.

Well, when I brought the mail in, I pulled it out of the package, read the instructions, put the batteries in (alkaline Energizer's, all I had), and proceeded to blind my dad with the strobe function. After putting some silicone grease on both sets of threads (my dad still has a little tub of it, it came with his "Adventure-Cam" cam corder), I compared it to every single light I own.:D:laughing:
I can't wait till tonight!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone on this site, that helped answer my questions, lovecpf. THANK YOU!!!

detwolfsdad

Newly Enlightened
Congrat's on getting your Ld20!
After much reading, I came to the same conclusion you did.
I got my Ld20 about 2 weeks ago, and I LOVE IT!!
I'm sure you will to!!

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have fun with it. Good job on wearing down your parents. Many of us here take for granted that some members have to save and really pick one light. A favoured saying around here is "buy both" but that is just not possible sometimes. I think you'll appreciate it more because you really had to work for it. Congrats on a good purchase.

SilentK

Enlightened
Congrats on your new light! id say you chose a very good one that you will always like. i also had the same problem with my parents. it took me around 2 week though. I had to do some hard talking for my 4th light {zebralight h501}

Last edited:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh boy you started to early...

Should have waited like 2-3 more years, could save you tons of money...

When you have to get a job just to cover your flashlight needs in a near future... think of that old LD20 that started it all.

:paypal: = :broke:

jk.. enjoy your fenix.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats John!

LD20 is a great flashlight. Portable with a wide range of brightness levels. The batteries are available everywhere. It's very close to the ideal light I would keep if I had to choose only one light.

Regards, Patric

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
If you have already shown it to them, Wait till dark. Grab you father's mag or something.
Show them the comparison.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you told them that you need the LD10 body so you can EDC your light, yet? ;)

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Very good choice. My first quality flashlight was the L2D Q5, the predecessor to the new LD20. Now you are going to need some quality rechargeable batteries.

Even though I now have bigger and brighter lights, my L2D's are still among my favorites.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it's dark!!! I showed my parents the comparison to my other lights, and even they were amazed. I really like it, and the UI was easier to grasp than I thought it would be. Good work Fenix. I used it to take out the trash (on turbo, of course:laughing::D:grin2:), and it was like daylight. My next door neighbor came out to see if the streetlight had fallen in his yard! I can evenlight up the park across the street (The dimensions for the park are 200' wide, 300' deep, I live at the upper left hand corner of the park).

But, man oh man, do I have a problem!:party: Even thought the LED in my LD20 is more neutral in color than the LED in my Mag-LED (which I thought was perfect before), I realize now, as Christopher Walken said in his Saturday Night Live skit, "I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell (warm tint LED's)." What am I gonna do?!? I already promised I wouldn't take this light apart, but I feel the need, the need to MOD!!!:faint::caution::shakehead:poof: