Olight I10- Quick Mini Review

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Olight I10 Infinitum

Very good throw, I would say about as good as my Jetbeam Pro-III IBS. Which has a much larger head.

Came with a standard lanyard, 2 extra orings, and a holster.

Tint, Very white. YMMV. Whiter than my jet pro and D10 W/GDP.

Very nice knurling and very ergonomic.
I like the hybrid reflector kinda mesmerizing to look into(with the light off)
Both ends unscrew but dont just butt-joint against the tube, The tube has a lip thats just a little bigger, So the ends go inside maybe 1mm. Maybe that will help water resistance.

Brightness:
I would say is kinda lacking. advertised 205lm max. With the hotspot about the same as the jetbeam, The jetbeam really kills it max. Jetbeam at 50% is really close but the bluer tint of the jetbeam makes it kinda hard to compare.
This was test by eye with a brand new primary and rested AW cell(maybe its 205lm on a freshly charged RCR123, Which Im doing now), In the olight. Didnt check the cell in the jetbeam.
The min output is only a hair brighter than the min on the jetbeam, and almost makes the the D10's min disappear.

DSCF0309.JPG

DSCF0310.JPG

DSCF0311.JPG

DSCF0312.JPG

DSCF0313.JPG

DSCF0316.JPG

DSCF0348.JPG

DSCF0350.JPG

DSCF0351.JPG

DSCF0352.JPG

Beamshots:Manual Mode, WB: Daylight, F/4.0, ISO:400, 1/100s, The Wall is not white, kinda creamy yellow.
Olight I10(Max) Vs Nitecore D10 W/GDP(Max)
DSCF0343.JPG

Olight I10(Max) Vs Jetbeam ProIII IBS(100%)
DSCF0341.JPG

Olight I10(Max) Vs Jetbeam ProIII IBS(50%)

Last edited:

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
I like the tint and the spill looks great. How come Olight doesn't list this light on their site?

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you're enjoying. :)

The Jetbeam is,as you know, really in another size class, one which allows a much larger, more efficient reflector which can get more of the lumens out the front. I think you'll find the I10 will hold it's own with all of the other lights in the EDC 1XCR123A class. Also, the Jetbeam is driven, IIRC, about 10% harder and uses an 18650 as well so it should be brighter. The Olight M20 would be a more apt comparison to the Jetbeam in my opinion.

The tint you both like so much is from the Cree R2's which are WC or WD - the 2 best tint IMO.

The I series have just recently arrived and Olight was really focused on getting them and the M30's out before the Chinese 'Labor Day' holiday which runs 3 days so updating their website hasn't been the priority I guess.

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Yeah I really like the tint, I may have to see about upgrades for someother lights, Cree R2 WC, Right?

I only compared the jetbeam because of the throw was pretty close. You can see how the d10 is very floody.
Just checked the amp draw bypassing the tail cap
JetBeam 1.4mA
Olight 750ma

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to double check but I think these were made using the batch of WC emitters. Basically all we're looking to source for Olight these days is WC or WD.

It's actually pretty impressive that the throw is so close given size differences; the Olights have always been 'throw biased' designs since the Cree LED's output so much light that adequate spill isn't an issue.

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Really the only thing that turn me on to this light was a review on another forum showing how throwy this little light was. I have been carrying the jetbeam because the throw makes it better in a lit enviroment.

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
I'd be curious to see the I20 vs the Jetbeam.
+1 I have headbands that this light fits in perfect, frog gigging season is coming up soon :) BTW will the T15 tubes work with the I-series lights? Thanks again Matt, I get more info from you than Olight themselves lol..

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 I have headbands that this light fits in perfect, frog gigging season is coming up soon :) BTW will the T15 tubes work with the I-series lights? Thanks again Matt, I get more info from you than Olight themselves lol..

Yes, the T-series and I-series battery tubes are interchangeable so any single cell head/any single cell tube works. We're actually their exclusive rep for CPF so that's not so surprising. :)

The I20 looks like the EagleTac 2x123 light. Wonder if it's brighter.

Will these come in olive drab or tan?

While the I-series is new Olight's been around a bit longer so I think the resemblance goes the other way; imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I don't know if it's brighter; not really concerned; Olight is more about a balanced product (efficiency, runtime, heat) than brightness at any cost which seems to be the path that other factory is on. OD or natural HA are possible if demand is there...somewhat unlikely as black outsells nat/OD 30:1 typically.

Tesla

Enlightened
Will the T10 tailcap/switch work on the I10? I'm not a fan of tailcaps/switches that don't allow tailstanding/candle mode.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about that but I suspect that it would work. Keep in mind that T-10's switched to forward clickies a few months back so they will not tailstand either.

I would recommend checking out the Olight filters for the T and I series lights as they provide an easy way to candle-stand the lights.

gsxrac

Enlightened
"Infinately adjustable output" :faint: I dont really know why but ever since I saw a video of the original Titan at the SHOT show (I think) Ive been amazed by this concept and wondered why more lights dont have it. Looks like as of late there have been a few more lights with the Infinite outputs.

Xak

Enlightened
OD or natural HA are possible if demand is there...somewhat unlikely as black outsells nat/OD 30:1 typically.

OT: I have been considering a tan or OD light. I liked my M20 so much, which now has rifle duty, that I was considering the OD M20. It almost looks like a cross between tan and OD in the pictures. Anyhow, why is it $3 more with the OD M20 WH R2 than the black WD R2? I love the WD tint, would rather not have the green tint of the WH R2. Are there any OD M20s with the WD R2? Should I get the older Q5 version @ 230lm instead? It would probably be too long to wait for one with those new R4s, right?

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
R3/R4 is a long way off if ever - seems like those new emitters they just announced for the end of the year are more likely.

The OD finishes have a higher rejection/failure rate so the factory charges more for them to cover the loss/rework/matching, etc.

travelinman

Enlightened
This looks more like the ITP C9 except the C9 is a better pocket carry light due to it's more rounded shape and (I think) slightly smaller size. The UI's of those 2 lights are just about identical as well. No surprise there because I've always suspected the ITP C9 is made by Olight. I just hope they aren't going to phase out the ITP series lights.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Can you adjust the output level one-handed or is it a two-handed twist-and-ramp like the Nitecore Extreme ?

fugleebeast

Newly Enlightened
The older style T tail-caps (reverse clicky) do work on the new I series; I just tried it. I personally prefer the forward clicky but to each their own. The T-15 battery tube also works on the I-10.