Extraordinary Clocks and Watches

gollum

Enlightened
cheers for the links guys
all good stuff
I bought a nixie clock a while ago and I love the colours of them...
that feint blue glow and the retro look of them is so cool

the really nice ones get very expensive though...
had to laugh at the wife when she said ... but why?:ohgeez:

back to OP that site has tons of amazing photos etc
theres just not enough time in the day

StarHalo

Flashaholic
CloudClock.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Well I'm in a good mood. My favorite (limited edition) watch (left column) is soon to be followed by not one, but two new editions (center and right columns):

Thanks Jumpmaster!

:party:

Last edited:

SilentK

Enlightened
Well I'm in a good mood. My favorite (limited edition) watch (left column) is soon to be followed by not one, but two new editions (center and right columns):

Thanks Jumpmaster!

Are those russian watches?

i like the Danger Bomb alarm clock. Make me actually wake up. I have a tendancy to turn an alarm off i my sleep, and if i put it across the room, i tend to throw things at it. It is strange to wake up hours late only to find everything that was on your nightstand on the other side of the room. :thinking:

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Are those russian watches?

Yup, a company called Poljot. They bought Swiss machinery, so its Swiss quality mechanicals and Russian styling, and you don't have to sell a kidney to buy them. Clicking any of the six images will bring up a link to the specific model from a Swiss vendor. Some models are also available states side.

Edit: Thinking about it more, there's a powerful cultural aspect here as well. Many countries make aircraft and many countries make watches. Very few make both. Like the Surefire Aviator, Russian aviator watches include a certain inspired function/design/presentation thats hard to find elsewhere.

Last edited:

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never, ever heard of blue ones.

I know you can get purple (argon?) high-speed dekatrons, but never seen a Nixie tube in anything but standard orange. Don't know how it's chemically possible to get blue - what gas you'd have to use.

Fascinating.

blackandgolduk

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Jumpmaster!

Poljots! Some of my favourite watches... I have a number of vintage specimens and a re-issue Strela which got me into the whole collecting lark. I'm holding out for an original Strela, but prices have recently shot through the roof so I'm seeing if they level out a bit.

My coolest clock by far is an AChS-1 from a MiG fighter - gets loads of comments.