HDS Systems
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819

Thread: Stanley H.I.D. and 1365 lumen spotlights (Part 2)

Default Re: Stanley H.I.D. and 1365 lumen spotlights (Part 2)

I purchased this light off walmart.com and it is the second generation with no hi/low switch on the back. Because the larger size and weight it is kind of awkward hauling it places and shining it around. Besides the size and weight issue I am currently getting around 25 minutes of battery life on a single charge which I have read is great for this amount of flashlight power. When I start it with a full charge I only get the green light for a second then it turns orange then red (seems to be common). I am still running cycles through it to see if the battery life and green light issue improves. Other than that I think it is a great flashlight with high lumen output and high through compared to my other lights. By using this light a few times all my other lights don't seem bright anymore even though they are all above 100 lumens.

I have a question for Plasmaman, I saw that you were able to use the Lithium batteries to power the Stanley HID I am new to the candlepower game and don't think I am up to making my own battery pack. Is there somewhere to get it premade and then I can splice it into the existing circuitry via your diagram in post #478? My SLA is dead and I love the light but the run time and crummy battery have killed it. Also have you ever posted the run times with the new battery pack?

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    I have a question for Plasmaman, I saw that you were able to use the Lithium batteries to power the Stanley HID I am new to the candlepower game and don't think I am up to making my own battery pack. Is there somewhere to get it premade and then I can splice it into the existing circuitry via your diagram in post #478? My SLA is dead and I love the light but the run time and crummy battery have killed it. Also have you ever posted the run times with the new battery pack?
    well, there are compatible LiPo packs however you will not be able to use the stock charger with them.
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

Thanks Fritz. I understand about the charging which is fine and according to Plasmaman I should be able to charge it through the DC port in the bottom using his mod. What kind of battery pack would I look for specifically? I looked at some of the links earlier in the thread and got a little starry eyed when I saw all of the different types and configurations.

Can't believe there is not a flood of Stanley owners flocking to this thread offering a mod to keep the Stanley in 60 Watt start-up mode indefinitely.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3943918
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Can't believe there is not a flood of Stanley owners flocking to this thread offering a mod to keep the Stanley in 60 Watt start-up mode indefinitely.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3943918

Will this mod work on the HID0109 model?

Did you make the mod for the HID3000 only?

Will it work on both as the model I have is the one with no "LO" switch.

I don't know what circuit differences there are between the two models.

Warm Regards,

OTF
    ONCE YOU START COLLECTING LIGHTS THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
    Picked up one of these a few weeks ago and I'm already having a couple of problems. First of all, right from the getgo the light would turn on very bright and then after a second or two it would dim slightly. Second, it now flashes slightly and then the red light comes on (it was fully charged), if you try to charge it goes right to green but still only gives you a short flash when the trigger is pulled. Anybody else having problems? Just an FYI, the company that Stanley licences their name to "make" these is Baccus Global in Florida.
    A year later and they still are doing this. I picked one up yesterday and it wont come on and does this. That is part of this story, I killed an N30 this week too, one that I modded some time ago. Here:

N30 Battery replacement options **** UPDATED ****
    Last edited by Northern Lights; 05-24-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    <; )}}}}>< I fish therfore I am... pic links: '03,'07,'08

Got another and it too did not work, changed it for #3.

Third ones a charm and appears to be charging.

A year and they are still out there malfunctioning before they are even sold!
    <; )}}}}>< I fish therfore I am... pic links: '03,'07,'08

The one I got, the first ones with the hi-lo switch still works great and it was a Walmart close-out at $10. Gotta love it!

I have a Stanley HID 0109 and its a great light.

I think I need a new battery for it and I didn't see anywhere in this thread that mentioned where to get a replacement battery. (if I missed it I'm sorry.)

I wouldn't mind putting in a different type of battery if the mod was not to pricey or extensive.

Any and all info would be great.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTzzy View Post

I have a Stanley HID 0109 and its a great light.

I think I need a new battery for it and I didn't see anywhere in this thread that mentioned where to get a replacement battery. (if I missed it I'm sorry.)

I wouldn't mind putting in a different type of battery if the mod was not to pricey or extensive.

Any and all info would be great.

Thank you.

Try interstate batteries, remove the old one to get the numbers off it and measure it to double check the replacement fits, this was where I got mine a year or so ago, good luck..

Get yourself an original Stanley HID with 4300K bulb installed for free + $18.00 (for USPS Priority Mail CONUS)

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...b-Battery-Dead
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

I wish they still made them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Before I order it.... Is this the same light we are all discussing? Or have they downgraded the light sense this thread began?

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-HID010...glink121864-20

Thank you. I'm hoping to order as soon as i get a response. By the way, the Amazon reviews for this thing are HORRIBLE. Half of them don't work, the other half break after one use, etc, etc, etc. What am I missing?

- Kross
    Last edited by Kross; 12-12-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Looks about right. However mine says HID Spotlight under the Stanley brand.

There are some discrepancies, not a poly-carb lens, it's tempered glass.
    The pic they provide is not the same light in the description, the pic is the led version.
    It does not say anything about a dimmer so it will be the later model.
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

hmmmm... can anyone say for sure if this is the same light as always?

Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    hmmmm... can anyone say for sure if this is the same light as always?
    Thats the newer updated model.

How is yours working for you?