• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Best light I've ever seen...

I'mGatMan!

Newly Enlightened
photo.jpg

I know I'm a noob here, but I was told that you people love baby announcements so:

Baby Isabella Sofia Crespo joined the world today at 6:29 pm, weighing in at 6lbs-8oz with a length of 18.5"

Crazy thing is that she's ALREADY a McGizmo fan. ; )

My mother-in-law picked this up from my mailman while she was at the house feeding the dogs. The gentleman who sent me the light is an absolute class act and threw into the package a couple cool stickers and two great lanyards. This picture was taken for him, and to share with y'all.

Thanks for the welcome here, people.

And Don, this is only the first light, but man, I am impressed. Can't wait to spend more than a quick moment fondling it. :D

Thanks,

Jason

nzbazza

Enlightened
A double congratulations to you, firstly for the safe arrival of your baby and secondly for the good taste in lights.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
From one new father to another, Congratulations! :party:

There is nothing like it is there? My daughter is 5 weeks old now, she is a sweety. :)

BTW, my wife would kick my *** if I did a light pic right out of the womb! :crackup:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Jason,
I am truly flattered on such a special day for you and yours! May she bring plenty of light and smiles to you, and you to her.

Your pic reminds me of a guy I met 30 years ago who lived on his boat with his wife who was soon to be a mother. He didn't have any lose spending money to speak of but he went into the chandlery and purchased the best mariner's knife with marlin spike they had. He told me he was going to use the knife to cut his child's umbilical cord and on his (her) 18th birthday, present the knife to him (her) and explain its significance. This was a guy who used his marlin spike knife on a daily basis and it was a tool he was never without. I would guess some of you can relate to such a thing. I thought it was a pretty cool thing for him to do; a coming of age birthday present relating to the birth day itself.

Again, congrats!!

malamalama

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations!! I have a feeling you'll be using that light A LOT during the 10pm feedings and the 12 midnight changings and the 2am feedings and the 4am changings...

Yes, contrary to what one might think, feeding a baby in the middle of the night is a two person job. One to feed the baby and the other to stay awake and suffer (err, I mean enjoy!).

Having said that, baby memories are priceless. To me, the nine months of pregnancy time crawled, but the first nine months of baby flew by.

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Congratulations to you and your family! You do realize you can never sell that light now. It already has too much sentimental value.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, man, that is awesome....CONGRATS!
My little girl just turned one. She is the light of my life, as yours will be, I'm sure. I have a pic of her with a PD-s when she was really young....but not THAT young!!!! A good few hours older!

The Ti-PD-S saw me through a lot of late night feedings, and the LS20, when it came out, took its place as the sneak downstairs for a bottle to let my wife get some sleep.

Enjoy them both!

Rico801

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on the special day x2! :twothumbs

Ps. My wife would kick my @$$ too! :crackup:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the beautiful baby girl!!

Congrats on the McGizmo too.

I'mGatMan!

Newly Enlightened
So it's been a few days since the dawn of my new life, and I've have had a better chance to look at and hold the light, as well as a few opportunities to put her to use.

Note to Don: I want you to know this thing came out of the shipping box and was clipped directly to my pocket. I bought this tool for use, brother. :twothumbs

Okay so, before the light arrived, I got a PM from a good guy here congratulating me, and letting me know that I should beware the possibility of feeling a bit "underwhelmed" when I got the light into my hands. He made it clear that the light itself would be not only a thing of beauty, but a workhorse tool. However, he stated, sometimes the beauty has a tendency to overwhelms us and we expect more from the actual light than is really possible. I had read similar sentiments in another thread here on the McGizzy forum, so I was already aware and had tried to reinforce to myself that what I was looking for was a real hardcore tool that was created with an attention to aesthetic detail as well.

Wow...I was NOT let down at all. As a matter of fact, I am REALLY impressed by the meticulous attention to detail paid in the making of this light. Don, sir, you are the man. :thumbsup:

I will do my best to give a decent review sometime during the week. My LS27 is waiting for me at the PO, so after I spend some time with the both of them, I'll be able to comment a little more articulately.

gollum

Enlightened
congrats to Jason

Your pic reminds me of a guy I met 30 years ago who lived on his boat with his wife who was soon to be a mother. He didn't have any lose spending money to speak of but he went into the chandlery and purchased the best mariner's knife with marlin spike they had. He told me he was going to use the knife to cut his child's umbilical cord and on his (her) 18th birthday, present the knife to him (her) and explain its significance. This was a guy who used his marlin spike knife on a daily basis and it was a tool he was never without. I would guess some of you can relate to such a thing. I thought it was a pretty cool thing for him to do; a coming of age birthday present relating to the birth day itself.

Again, congrats!!

thanks for telling this story, what a great sentiment...
it would be so cool to get something like this on your 18 b'day
So Jason you know what you'll have to do now.