Anyone used Evidot 4900K 5mm LEDs?

clg0159

Enlightened
I realize this is not new, but I havent seen any mods with these.
Has anyone experimented with these yet?
Part#QDL5R-002
InGaN
Water Clear
4900K White
5mm intensity=14060mcd

A quote from the site
"providing full spectrum control and high CRI capability."
Check out the emission spectrum!
http://www.evidenttech.com/assets/docs/spec-sheets/QDL5R-002-specifications.pdf

These look like an ideal candidate for swapping out the angry blue LEDs of a 5mm headlamp. Any thoughts or experiences?

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking:
Page 1:
30° Viewing Angle
Page 2:
Viewing angle: 15°
Page 3 finally specifies FWHM, and lists 15° as typical.

And the polar plot on page 4 shows FWHM between 15° and 20°.

I guess they're probably 15°, since that's stated twice and is reasonably close to the plot, but I wish they were a little more consistent. :sigh:

R33E8

Newly Enlightened
spectral graph looks weird... I dunno....

Yeah.. It's from the CdSe quantum dots they use instead of the normal Ce:YAG phosphor normally in white LEDs... The CdSe quantum dots have very sharp emission band-width similar to monochromatic LEDs (as in how sharp the wavelength peaks are)... CdS and ZnS quantum dots on the other hand....:naughty:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone experimented with these yet?
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was away on vacation and could read your post but could not reply. I have these exact LEDs. They are very dim. The color is a little funky on them as well. As is common with most of these 5mm LEDs the color varies drastically from spot to spill. They do have a bit more red in them than traditional LEDs but I am not sure I'd go so far as to say they are high CRI. I'll say it again. These things are very dim and it would take a cluster of them to put out anything resembling a decent amount of light. I had hoped for so much more.

clg0159

Enlightened
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was away on vacation and could read your post but could not reply. I have these exact LEDs. They are very dim. The color is a little funky on them as well. As is common with most of these 5mm LEDs the color varies drastically from spot to spill. They do have a bit more red in them than traditional LEDs but I am not sure I'd go so far as to say they are high CRI. I'll say it again. These things are very dim and it would take a cluster of them to put out anything resembling a decent amount of light. I had hoped for so much more.
I figured you would chime in eventually. Thanks for the reply. I too was hoping for alot more.
Didn't you start experimenting with coating high powered LEDs in quantum dots?