SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Diamond Apollo Pictures

Default Re: Black Diamond Apollo Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by dark_hood View Post
    Has been on the market ? And if I want to buy one of these now, i will not find it anymore ? :|
    Easy to find right now

Unenlightened

I'm tempted to grab an Apollo and outfit it with a neutral XM-L - I've noticed the Apollos on sale in a few places, and I also noticed that neutral XM-Ls are available at LEDgroupbuy.com. Any thoughts about this?

Also: any advice for a first-timer at modding his own lights? I've been bitten by the flashaholic bug badly!

Flashaholic

do i as its a fun project that will get great results. The lantern is a great tool and an absolute must have just by itself. Have fun and post pics please. BTW, I had put an XML T6 in mine and its bright but would like to do a warm tint.
    "When you do something right, no one remembers. When you do something wrong, no one forgets."
    Edison was right with dc all along...

Got rechargeable battery kit and car charging kit for that at REI, input is 6V, so far working so good, will get outside to really check out hopefully too long.

Great pics and review!

I love the Apollo. I grew up with unusable battery powered lanterns and held the belief for years that gas was the only way to go. About a year ago I needed a lantern for a camping trip and decided to take a chance with the Apollo. Awesome little lantern with great lighting. I didn't know about the rechargeable battery kit for it until I saw this thread, definitely have to check that out, although my batteries are still going strong after a couple of camping trips and use around the house.

One of the better pieces of kit I've bought in a while. Nice for the porch or if your closet has bad lighting.