Which multitool with butane lighter?

pec50

Enlightened
Some time ago, I came across a site showing a survival-oriented multi-tool that featured a slot in one of the folding handles designed to house a Bic-type butane lighter -- not referring to the Victorinox SwissFlame which has an integrated lighter.

I have not been able to find the site nor the tool. Anyone have any info?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you would get a much better multitool and a much better lighter if they were separate.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, separate is likely better.
Of course this is hypothetical because you're not actually going to 'need' this. However, you'd want the lighter staying safe and protected while the knife is out being used (possibly even in rain / snow, conditions adverse to lighters).

It was fun speculating,
-L

pec50

Enlightened
Agree with your arguments. The notion of the handle for storage, however, is that it forms a "kit" in much the same way one might use an altoids tin to form a shell to contain the contents of a survival kit where the focus is weighted to single situation rather than continuous use. And, perhaps, the solution is simply the altoids-type tin approach. Thanks for the feedback.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look up the Spyderco Byrd Firebyrd Knife. It's at Lighthound.com for $12.49. I think that's what you're looking for.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Or you could get a nice multitool, and put a magnesium block or lighter in the sharpening stone pouch in the sheath, or a firesteel in the sharpening rod slot of other sheaths.