• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Question on rubber switch boot

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Wish I could tell you 100% if that would fit or not. I think it would.

Another idea is to call Surefire and tell them to send you a new one.
They will send you a free replacement switch.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish I could tell you 100% if that would fit or not. I think it would.
Another idea is to call Surefire and tell them to send you a new one.
They will send you a free replacement switch.
Problem is I don't need a new switch. The clicky is working properly. It's just the boot that is wearing out.

Yes I did call Surefire and all that they can do is to send me a new Z58.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can say with 100% certainty that these switch boots will fit.
This combo pack will also fit.
You will need to trim the posts to your liking with either of these options. (easy task)

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can say with 100% certainty that these switch boots will fit.
This combo pack will also fit.
You will need to trim the posts to your liking with either of these options. (easy task)
Looks like these will fit a Z41 tailcap easily.
But the Z41's boot is NOT compatible with the Z58...
Also I'm not really into custom trimming, this increases the chances of damaging and/or tearing of the boot.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
0103za0.jpg

looks like it'll fit

Ms_SS

Enlightened
The rubber boot fits the Z57. The Z57 and Z58 look similar. I am pretty sure it will fit. Can someone confirm?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rubber boot fits the Z57. The Z57 and Z58 look similar. I am pretty sure it will fit. Can someone confirm?
You are supposed to know your products well, not just guess...
Also, the image of the rubber boot on the web is pathetically small and low-res
http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/popup_image.php?pID=407&image=0
How do you expect customers like me to determine if this is the right part to purchase?
Please amend the SS web by including larger and higher-res images of all products

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point about knowing your stuff and yes the product descriptions and pictures surely need updating on the Sandwich Shoppe website. It is exceedingly frustrating to not know if something you are ordering is the right thing for you. I can only offer you the following. My z57 (that I stole from eBay for a measly sum) has the same diameter as the Chinese glow in the dark, black and orange ones I linked. Since the price is so low, I'm shocked that you haven't ordered them by now. PM me your address and I'll send you one for free.

Ms_SS

Enlightened
I took some measurements of the rubber boot and have added them to the product description.

13 mm cap diameter (.5")

6.5mm deep inside cap (.255")

8.5mm overall height (.33")

16mm outer brim diameter (.63")

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
I'm sure Wayne and Cindy know their products well and they provide exceptional service. It's not their responsibility to support products they don't carry such as tailcaps made by a completely different manufacturer. You have to understand that this rubber boot was designed to be used with a two stage switch or McClicky in an Aleph tailcap. Any other application is beyond its design specifications and likely trial and error.

You are supposed to know your products well, not just guess...
Also, the image of the rubber boot on the web is pathetically small and low-res
http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/popup_image.php?pID=407&image=0
How do you expect customers like me to determine if this is the right part to purchase?
Please amend the SS web by including larger and higher-res images of all products

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
@carbine15: I know you're referring to the DX ones, thanks for offering, but those won't fit without precise trimming. Also unlike the stock boot, the DX ones don't have a raised rim around to fit the Z58 top cap's additional grooves, which will compromise water resistance. Plus the DX boot won't fit the stock clicky mecha at all.

@Ms_SS: it's good to amend with dimensions, but still a hi-res image is much desired.

Randy956

Newly Enlightened
I know this is an old thread but the title fits..

Would any of you know what switch Salvo used in their 9.5 amp can? I need to replace the switch boot and since I'm placing an order with McMaster Carr I thought I'd order a couple while I was at it.

Would any of you have an idea?

Thank you,

Randy