What are some good rechargable RCR 123 that can i use with my new A2

spikeytree

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I finally got a A2 after dreaming about it for almost a year. I am very happy with the light but i am having trouble finding a good rechargeable solution for this light. I have looked at the sticky in the General section but i just want to see if there is anything available that i missed or have came up after the thread was created. Currently i am using some unprotected ultrafire 3.7 rcr123s and some 3.0v protected tengey rcr123s. They have work great but i am worry that i might kill the leds if i use the 3.7 cells for too long and the 3.0 protected cells only offer 10 mins of run time. So if anyone have any advice or a different setup opinion that you feel that i should look into please feel free to drop me a line. Thank for the help in advance.
-Andrew

skylar

Newly Enlightened
Maybe try pila batts. AW at least tells you which ones will not work in that light. Since I never owned A2 I couldn't tell you for sure.

spikeytree

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the reply! I have checked out the A2 sticky section. I did that even before getting the light. But as you guys all might know the technology moves at the speed of light. Most of the thread in the sticky sections are a couple of years old. I just want if there was something that came after the thread that i missed. I was also trying to see what brand rcr batteries (other then the ones on the sticky list) would fit in the new A2 tube. I don't want to invest in new batteries that wont fit. By the way have anyone have any luck with these? http://www.batteryjunction.com/2rc375reliba.html
Again thanks for the reply and advice.

1dash1

Enlightened
Spikeytree:

I can't help you in your quest, since I heeded the advice about overdriving the A2 and have only used primaries.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to use protected AW RCR123 cells (the black ones). After peeling off the silver sticker, some would fit. Others were too large in circumference.

I currently use AW IMR 16340 cells (the red ones). They fit perfectly and work like a charm. I love running my A2 guilt free and being able to recharge the batteries at 1.4A (they charge in approx 20 minutes!).

spikeytree

Newly Enlightened
I used to use protected AW RCR123 cells (the black ones). After peeling off the silver sticker, some would fit. Others were too large in circumference.

I currently use AW IMR 16340 cells (the red ones). They fit perfectly and work like a charm. I love running my A2 guilt free and being able to recharge the batteries at 1.4A (they charge in approx 20 minutes!).

Sweet! I knew there must be someone else out there that are running the A2 with rcrs. By the way what kind of run time are you getting out of them? (AW IMR 16340 cells)

mdocod

Flashaholic
If you do run IMRs you'll want to consider some method of increasing the resistance to the LED string. The buck regulator for the incan side seems to handle the extra voltage fine but the LEDs are not regulated in the A2 and will be very over-driven on 2x3.7V cells.