Anybody watching the STANLEY CUP final?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
did you just see the bonehead move by brodeur? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
tkl,

Dux fan is watching and so far, so good. Their SOG in this game is greater than the last two games combined. The Ducks need to play a physical and complete game and not just show up for the paycheck. Marty just made a bone head move that's all. He'll bounce back.

The Pond is a few hundred feet away from where I work and the traffic is nuts! Tickets were very expensive and the best view is on the tube although I do despise all the "fans" who don't go to a game during the season and suddenly when it's the post-season, they come out of the wood work. Bad people.

Gotta go. 3d period is underway.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
brodeur gave the first two away, the third looked good. anaheim has a hard time with the devils, jersey throws them off their game.

devils will win the next at anaheim, then skate the cup at home. only 3 teams in the history of hockey have come back from 0-2.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
tkl,

If the Ducks win on Monday I think they'll have momentum that will help them win a best of 3 series.

I know that the numbers are against them but I like the odds. The whole year has been magical and who wuda thunk that they'd get by Motown, Big D and the Wild? Not me.

Their numbers have been great since Christmas but I was just hoping for a playoff spot. Yikes!

I think that Babcock deserves Coach of the Year for really turning around the franchise.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the ducks aren't that good of a team. i think it, and i've heard countless commentators say the same thing.

the only reason they are where they're at in the playoffs is because of jiguerre. in this series, he hasn't been producing. he's giving up saves he has eaten up in the first three series.

last nights game should have ended 0-2 devils. brodeur gave up those two goals, ofcourse the third being ot. you won't see brodeur have a game like that again, he'll bounce back and stands a good chance of another shutout.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
The Ducks are playing well enough to get to the finals. You don't get by 3 good teams without someone doing something right. If the other teams weren't that good what's the explanation for the sweeps or near sweeps?

Jiggy is hot. In a tough situation someone needs to step up and make the big plays. I don't know who it will be and neither does the team but Jiggy had the huge games that winners have.

The still can improve their game and even if they win the Cup, I'd still make some offensive changes and ask the defenseman be more agressive but they are playing well enough to win.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the last game was on abc. but mostly on espn.

LukeK

Enlightened
Wow -- what a game they just played (Game 4). Anaheim pulled out a 1-0 victory 29 seconds into the first overtime. It was quite a good game and, as I thought might happen, Anaheim is starting to come back from their crappy start. I'm rooting for NJ in this series though -- Not a big fan of Anaheim.

Luke K

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I have NO idea who to root for. I live in NYC, which sort of make want NJ to win (Normally it would be clear), BUT I work for a company owned by Disney, so it would help the bottom line if the Ducks won