• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McLux DIY parts @ the Sandwich Shoppe

ExMB

Newly Enlightened
I just looked at the site and the DIY parts are now listed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I went through and priced what I think is required to build one just like the original TK serise, I came up with about $150 including optics.

Is that right? Or am I looking at the parts list wrong?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooops. See, I go to a Ballgame and look what happened...

I didn't think I enabled them for shopping, but, I guess I screwed that up.

The head comes complete with contact assy, bezel, wire kit, mineral glass and o-rings.

It does not include the converter board, Luxeon LED and the optics. These are left separate so they can be configured as needed.

The power packs include the Kroll switch and O-rings.

For a 1X123 the parts should total $137.65 (BB400, Q3 LED, and McFlood).

I'm getting an assembly house to quote assembling some into completed flashlights and if the price to do this is reasonable, we will convert some of the DIY parts into completed flashlights similar to the TK run. There will some slight differences. Stay tuned.

For those of you who got in and placed an order, the weight was a temporary place holder and thus you got charged too much for freight. I need to rebate back some of the shipping charges to you somehow. I can credit this towards a future order or something. Anyway, Sorry about that. The official shoppe opening is Monday. I'll leave the shoppe posting enabled, but, you will not be able to place an order at this time.

I still need to get the pictures loaded and the descriptions written up correctly.

Wayne

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, that's evil... My hopes were so high, too....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks Wayne. For my order (it's possible that I was the 1st one to actually order the DIY stuff from your site), just let me know how much of a credit I have for the overcharge on shipping and we can apply that to my next order.

ExMB

Newly Enlightened
Does the power pack include a pocket clip or is that a seperate item?

K-T

*Moderator*
Stupid question as you didn't mention it: will the battery body also include the TI-clip?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Power Pack comes with the Titanium clip (Needs some adjustment), two o-rings.

Wayne

Darell

Flashaholic
Don't you just hate it when people send you too much money, Wayne? :)

Seriously, it can be a real pain in the butt to sort out, so I hope there weren't too many orders too soon. Gotta keep an eye on Ray - he's a sneaky one.

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
Gotta keep an eye on Ray - he's a sneaky one.

[/ QUOTE ]

fc9f4359.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

robk

Enlightened
Pardon my asking, but why are these machined aluminum parts so expensive? $45 for a head with no LED, no optics? Seems like a cult thing. I don't want to seem out of line, but I have friends with Mazak's that could turn these things out for a couple of bucks. Also, the most important item, the DC to DC converter is only twenty something? Doesn't make sense. I don't mean to offend anyone! Just asking for clarification.
Rob

ufokillerz

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
robk said:
Pardon my asking, but why are these machined aluminum parts so expensive? $45 for a head with no LED, no optics? Seems like a cult thing. I don't want to seem out of line, but I have friends with Mazak's that could turn these things out for a couple of bucks. Also, the most important item, the DC to DC converter is only twenty something? Doesn't make sense. I don't mean to offend anyone! Just asking for clarification.
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

there a custom machined parts, designed for US CPF'ers, they were produced in quantity and plated etc, i'm sure it wasn't cheap for them to have these made in quantity especially considering that the design isn't simple.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne...

This may be a stupid question, but I have to ask it anyway.

For those of us who previously "placed an order" for McLux parts (when your website mistakenly allowed orders to be sent through), do we have to re-order again on Monday?

Now I know the answer is "no", but I`m a pretty paranoid kind of guy when it comes to a chance to get McLux parts...unlike the rest of the CPF`ers.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Carpe Diem said:
Wayne...

This may be a stupid question, but I have to ask it anyway.

For those of us who previously "placed an order" for McLux parts (when your website mistakenly allowed orders to be sent through), do we have to re-order again on Monday?

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope not. My PayPal was already sent and deducted.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
Gotta keep an eye on Ray - he's a sneaky one.

[/ QUOTE ]

fc9f4359.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bart,

How DO you do it?

Brightnorm

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your orders are still intact, no need to re-order. "Credit buttons" have been sent to those who overpaid shipping. You should have received email also.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne, is there any way to consolidate the 2 orders I just made (within 5 minutes apart from each other)? I know I should've ordered them at the same time, but after hittin' the confirm button, I realized I ordered the parts and no guts...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the McLux DIY stuff going to be a semi regular offering. And will the stuff be available in either black or Natural in the future