Klarus
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McLux DIY parts @ the Sandwich Shoppe

Default Re: McLux DIY parts @ the Sandwich Shoppe

I also have three new dat2zip extra ones...

Charlie,

sent ya an email about the adapter [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So what's happening with the Sandwich Shoppe site, and are there any DIY parts left? I think I'd like to get a DIY head and maybe another 1x123 tail (at least with the short pocket clip, the 1x123 tail just looks so much better than the 2x123). My idea is to underdrive a 5W LS using a BB400 on a single 123 cell. Is that crazy?

Cool Daddy Administrator

Purely server problems on the sandwich shop. Whatever was available when it went down should still be there when it comes back up. Wayne, of course, will have the final word on that though.

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    Darell said:
    Purely server problems on the sandwich shop. Whatever was available when it went down should still be there when it comes back up. Wayne, of course, will have the final word on that though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until Wayne comes on for a full update, I wanna chime in to say and confirm yes - that it is indeed a server fault.

I was told by the service provider via email yesterday that the server that the shop was hosted on suffered a "rare and unusual" catastrophic breakdown. This provider also claims that the machine is less than 3 months old. When I last left this issue, a representative from this service provider said he would get in touch with Wayne with regards to the restoration of the shop.

I'll try to keep everyone abreast as appropriate, but of course, Wayne does indeed still have the final word on this.

Stay tuned...

OK, I was hoping I could take a break and relax.... Ha!

Not so. I've got a splitting headache now...

It's sounding like the server lost everything. All the data.

Orders that were successfully placed up to the last minute we have records of and can process the remaining orders.

This will be a hiccup and give us a week to get the rest of the orders out. I believe we are down to 15 orders or so.

As for what we will do next. I'm still somewhat stunned and dazed right now. Restoring the osCommerce site and applying all the patches and new modules would take several weeks. Even after that, the database with you user accounts and history would possibly be completely wiped out.

I have no plans or action till next weekend. I have a contract I'm working on which will occupy this week. I was hoping to backpack on Thursday and Friday. Till then, I'm not planning on doing anything. Waiting a week shouldn't kill any of you and I hope you can tolerate this delay.

The only real backup plan I can think of is to bring the old site back online ASAP and start adding the new products to the old site. Yes, I can do that and it would not take long. But, it is hard to control inventory so, we might need to get creative on how we manage that.

I don't even want to think about it and if I didn't have serious work to do, I'd go and get a six pack and go find a quiet park to sit in.

At first I thought, that we just got a flat tire. Hey, no problem, just change to the spare and be on our merry way again.

Ehhhh, NOT.... It sounds more like we were exceeding the speed limit, took a corner and lost control and wrapped the vehicle around a tree. To boot the driver is still in a coma and when he awakes his head will really start throbbing requiring massive pain killer medicine...

I think the driver is me... And, I won't wake up out of the coma till next weekend...

Wayne

Did I say ouch!

If its any consolation, this is all because something went right.

When something goes wrong and you end up with this kind of work load, well, it just sucks.

Congratulations! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, How is the supply of heads and power packs holding out?

It could be good and bad I post quantities. Anyway, an approximate count is as follows.

200 Heads were made. Some consumed internally. Of the remaining heads for the Shoppe there area about 125 left.

100 each of the 1X123, 2X123 and 3X123 were made. Again some were taken for internal consumption.

We are backordered approx 50 2X123 and the 3X123.

We probably have ~40 1X123, 1 or two 2X123 (with more coming) and 30 or so of the 3X123 (with more coming).

We have converter boards coming out our our ying yang with three CMs flowing at the same time and another big batch of Madmaxs to be run at the newest CM on Monday. I actually saw and inspected the raw board panels on Thursday.

Other than that. Things are going peachy king... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img]

Man, I really do feel bad for you. This has got to be real frustrating. I think your plan not to do anything about it for a week may be the best thing you can do right now. Since you can't really control it at this stage and since it is going to be a bear to set back up, decompressing first is probably the way to maintain some semblance of sanity.

After all you can't burn out now, we are all counting on you. We are hooked. Waiting for awhile to be able to order again, shouldn't kill any of us (although my palms are starting to itch and I feel some shaking coming on - note to self, really should have ordered sooner).

Best of luck,
    Pat

Hang in there, Wayne!

May good luck now come your way...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Wayne, looks like you need a right hand/left hand man...
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Boy, now I'll feel guilty (when I get paid again [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] ) if I order more DIYs from you... I feel like I'm makin' more sufferin'...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img]

Thanks guys for the kind words. I'm numb so I don't feel anything. As long as the morphine is there I feel great!

Hang on Wayne. The wave will pass away, soon.

Flashaholic

Time to grab that 6 pack and look for a shade tree. Worrying about things you have no controll over is a habbit I had to break. Dont worry Wayne everything will work out fine they usually do.

(fine print) but in the meantime you have my deepest sympathy.

Hang in there!

Your parts are awesome! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Grab that six-pack, sit under a tree and
    dream about your next exciting project. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

No one is hurt, no one is in pain - no real worries! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    We can wait for our toys . . .

Sometimes we need to "slow down to speed up".
    I'm sure that all will be well soon and things
    will more or less be back to what passes for "normal".

Don't forget, "normal" is just a setting on a washing machine! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif[/img]

Hang in there! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

"Lux" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Wayne, do you happen to have any MM750s lying around? PayPal still works even if the shopping-cart doesn't. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

oO

Ummm, I'm on vacation right? (*&$#@

BTW: What's a MM750? Is that a cross between a Madmax and a Badboy 750?

The "MM750" is just the MadMax+ sandwich, runnin' the LS at "750mah"...
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Thus, MM750(ma)...

Sorry, got a few #s crossed. Was thinking "whatever the heck he calls his 750mA driver" and "MadMax" popped into my head. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Aaaaanyway, whatever the heck you call your 750mA driver. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

oO, very tired and frazzled from work...

Aaaaanyway, whatever the heck you call your 750mA driver.

Who knows...

"Quarter 'Till the Amp"...? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There ya go, hehehehe...

At any rate, I have a new 5-watter V3U in dire need of a decent driver, and a very active PayPal account. Does that sandwich shop masta gotz a goodie suitable for the task?

oO

You could always order a BB750 converter board from Dat2zip, whenever he has them available again...

Sounds like a fix for a BB700 or a BB750. In either case... The rumor is the osCommerce site might be back up and restored by this weekend... Just a rumor... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The rumor is the osCommerce site might be back up and restored by this weekend... Just a rumor...

Cookie!

Okay, when it's back up I'll be hammering it in search of the aforementioned BB... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

oO

Outstanding!

Yippee!!

I need a fix.

First take a deep breath, Now hold it...

C'mon hold it...

Hold it till I tell you to let go...

Well, OK, you look a little bluish...

Turning purple..

Ok, exhale...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast