Surefire L1

Old Farmer

Newly Enlightened
I would have to say, this is my favorite light. I was wondering, what would be another light, that would be like, or better than this? Kinda looking for a reason to buy another light,haha.

greenLED

Flashaholic
The only light that comes to mind that is somewhat similar to the (magnifiscent L1) is McGizmo's PD.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have to say, this is my favorite light. I was wondering, what would be another light, that would be like, or better than this? Kinda looking for a reason to buy another light,haha.

I am a huge L1 fan, but my life´s changed with Surefire E1B Backup.

Right now, I prefer E1B over my L1.

Maybe you should try... hehehe.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been wanting a L1 for the last 6 months. Yesterday I got to see one at the local meet and it was as tall as my Surefire 6P.:poke:

I really didn't expect it to be so tall being just 1 CR123 compatible. I did however own a Surefire Backup and it is much better form fit factor. If you are looking at another light my vote goes for the Backup. The low mode is good for close range tasks and the high mode makes it a thrower. The throw on my E1b was very impressive.

bigchelis

cryhavok

Enlightened
For the same UI as the L1, any of the aleph series lights can be made with a single stage converter LE and the 2 stage McE2S switch. This will give you the same operation of press lightly = low; press hard = high; twist = constant low; twist more = constant high.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a multiple level light like the U2A or the Titan. The Titan could fit on your keychain and then you could take 2 lights with you everywhere you go.

Give a good hard look at the Aeon too; it is one of the best EDC lights ever made... in my opinion of course.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Milky modded L1 is better IMO. Lots of options too. :D

ypsifly

Enlightened
If you want to stay with SF and like the single cell form, look into an E1B. Bright with a nice low, great clip for two carry options, and if you find it in silver its a great looking light.

Staying with single cell, the Fenix PD20 is a great little light. Good range of settings and the UI allows you to to avoid the strobe and sos.

I bought an L4 yesterday and I love it. Nice balance of throw and flood.

Can't wait for the LX1. E1B style clip on a very nice looking light that, from what I've read so far, will perform very well.

How much are you looking to spend?

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get an older 4-sided L1.

Have Milky mod it.

I like it with a smoothie reflector.

You can also have the circuitry bumped up to produce around 170 lumens.

They produce a nearly perfect beam.

He also can mod the tail switch so the low will be ultra low.

Great light....

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out light in my signature..:)

thats a great light, and if you thought the Stock L1 was bright...well......:naughty:

Crenshaw

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been wanting a L1 for the last 6 months. Yesterday I got to see one at the local meet and it was as tall as my Surefire 6P.:poke:

I really didn't expect it to be so tall being just 1 CR123 compatible.

You probably saw a very old one. When they first came out, the L1 was every bit as long as an E2e or 6P. The new L1's are shorter and the LX1 that's coming will be the size of the E1B & E1L.

Here's the shortest version out now (far left):

elineup.jpg

Last edited:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really didn't expect it to be so tall being just 1 CR123 compatible. I did however own a Surefire Backup and it is much better form fit factor. If you are looking at another light my vote goes for the Backup. The low mode is good for close range tasks and the high mode makes it a thrower. The throw on my E1b was very impressive.

bigchelis

Agreed with Sean; you must have seen the old luxeon L1. The new cree version is much smaller.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you absolutely sure it was the L1?

The 6P is at least 1" longer than the L1.

100% Sure. I did forget to mention my Surefire 6P is the USA spirit of America version and I have the twistie converted to a clickie and I cut the rear threads to make the 6P red clickie tail cap mod fit flush. This makes it about 1/4 in shorter, yet the L1 was just as tall.
P4020009.jpg