my first Spyderco: the Tenacious

KnOeFz

Enlightened
A member from another forum was kind enough to help me purchase a new Spyderco Tenacious (my very first Spyderco knife). It's been in my pocket for about a week now and I absolutely love the knife so far. Can't resist to open and close it for no reason other than feeling it and looking at it at least a dosen times a day
biggrin.gif

I think I need more cutting tasks in my life.
Anyway, I took some pics fo you guys to enjoy:

Tenacious01.jpg

Tenacious02.jpg

Tenacious03.jpg

Tenacious01.jpg

Tenacious02.jpg

Tenacious03.jpg

Last edited:

KnOeFz

Enlightened
Nope, you need to open it completely with your thumb on the Spyderhole... Opening is very very smooth though.

CR123_CR123_CR123

Newly Enlightened
Need more cutting tasks?

How about eating more fresh fruit that requires slicing and peeling!

:kewlpics:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i ordered one too finally to test a spyderco too.. (1st one)

and over here they regularly are sold for about 80$.. so i had to get it from ebay. for 45$ and it sounded cheap to me! haha.

27 shipped sounds awesome.. where from? even if i have to add 5$ extra to get it shipped to europe it would be still a good deal.

streetmaster

Enlightened
i ordered one too finally to test a spyderco too.. (1st one)

and over here they regularly are sold for about 80$.. so i had to get it from ebay. for 45$ and it sounded cheap to me! haha.

27 shipped sounds awesome.. where from? even if i have to add 5$ extra to get it shipped to Europe it would be still a good deal.

It was $27.91 PLUS shipping from YourCornerStore.com. But now they are going for $29.68 PLUS shipping.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
tenacious arrived. fast shipping!

i like:

1. solid built. loud clicks and thunks and no freeplay. very nice.
2. is not as long and as heavy as i thought it would be.
3. changeable clip position is good thing.
4. the handle material

i dont like:
1. width of the blade.. suprisingly wide.
'
2. the thumb hole. too sharp edges, my thumb hurts for playing with it.

2.2 the thumb hole,ergonomics, my thumb is too short for comfortable opening.

3. could be lighter weight.

4. not as sharp i imagined all spydercos to be, sharp but not razor. hair on my arm are still fine.

5. needed to add oil for smoother action.

all in all.. i see why people rave its great value.

but the ergonomics of it makes it too hard for me to use with comfort.. it dont feel natural for me. so basically the size is the main thing i dont like.

its too big for me. noticed it after 4 tries to open it. i found the position where i want my hand to be after the blade is opened wont allow me to open it more than 90 or so degrees. so i must adjust my "natural" grip and open it and the re-adjust to use it. when in hand it feels nice. but opening it sucks.

now im torn. should i still keep it as my "destroyah all" knife and sharpen it.

or should i just put for sale. and just buy a delica instead. (or one of those byrd knives)

or call this experiment over, and buy another spring assisted knife. (as this was an experiment after all.. see if i like the thumb hole or do i prefer the springs.. and with this sample, i must say spring is good!)

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
tenacious is growing on me.

i have been using it as my work knife for a week now and i kinda like its solid feel.

-i do lot of scraping and prying and some cutting during the day so the hefty feel is ok for it.

and the "loud" opening click of it makes it more, hmm, sheeple friendly. they do hear it open up. hahah.

but it wont become my true edc knife.. i do like the spring assisted ones better. (the little effort it takes to open one, is a feature i like)

Radiophile

Enlightened
Normally I'd let an old thread lie, but I just had to say great work on those orange G10 handles!

Love my Tenacious. Fit and finish is great, and the steel seems pretty good too. Amazing value for $30 shipped.

hatman

Enlightened
For anyone who finds the Tenacious too big, check out the Persistence.

It's become one of my favorite blades -- for its great blade shape, excellent deployment hole and tight lockup.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better value -- it is selling for $25 to $30.

neverGUP

Newly Enlightened
For anyone who finds the Tenacious too big, check out the Persistence.

It's become one of my favorite blades -- for its great blade shape, excellent deployment hole and tight lockup.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better value -- it is selling for $25 to $30.

Right. Persistence is my favourite EDC knife. :thumbsup: