MagLite Color Question?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that Maglite has done limited runs of colors, is there a source that shows what they have made? I wonder how many lights it takes to do a special color run?
Has Maglite ever made a Dark Green 6D Cell light?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I want what does not exist....a Dark Green 6 D-Cell to be made into a 5watt for the Trunk of the Car....Car is a Dark Green Convertable Sebring....

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
would you consider stripping and reanodyzing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i believe elekrolumens used to make a green blaster that looked really sexy...

it would probably cost a bit, but you'd have a truly unique light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Elektrolumens made some dark green lights. Wayne J might still have some, or you could ask on BST if you want one. That makes more sense than getting a Mag refinished. Wayne's lights are nicer than Mags.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wants to be able to use 6 batteries. I seem to have an aversion to odd numbers of batteries unless it is one battery or unless its 123's. I know its wierd an limits me somewhat. but it is something I look for.

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Hmm, a friend asked me the same think yesterday except he wants a 3D. Must be something going around. Dark green to match his Buick.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are only two reasons that I would want the 6D. I would not be carring it since it would be riding in the trunk. And it would be cheaper to run than my other really bright lights. A 12zm is really a batter eater. It would be for when I wanted to run bright and long or bright and cheap.