show us your pics

gollum

Enlightened
So who's got pics of their latest knives from Blade?:)

or just some nice pics of your recent custom knives :thumbsup:

what are you guys buying atm :whistle:

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
HPIM0205.jpg

HPIM0209.jpg

cid_73456452203062009-1DE5.jpg

cid_70334432203062009-1DDE.jpg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gadget guy what knife is that in the first pic.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mossyoak: I honestly like the Unuum better than the XM-18. It grows on you. The shape is very utilitarian, the opening is very quiet, which is a nice touch. A lot of thought went into that knife. Also the glass breaker increases the use factor.

JMJ3rd

Newly Enlightened
Rick's words from another forum:

Hey All!

I am very excited to introduce a new model for Rick Hinderer Knives! Its a fixed blade called the FieldTac. This knife has been in the works for a very long time! I wanted a fix blade field knife with everything you need in a very heavy duty knife and leave out crap that only complicates the use of the knife.
This knife has a 5 1/2 in blade that is .230 thick. Of course it has my Spanto grind! Needless to say this bad boy will gobble up whatever you want to throw at it! For the handle I came up with a new type of texture that not only is easy to grip but also with keep the sureist grip even when wet with oil or whatever else slimy and sticky!
;%29.gif
The top grooves I added in place of the top ramp because I feel the ramp or top guard really gets in the way of cutting chores especially when you choke up on the knife. But I made the grooves where it doesnt take away at all the grip of the knife. This knife really is super comfortable!! You'll need to pick one up to see what I mean!!

I WILL have a limited number of the first run of these in Atlanta at the Blade show. By limited I mean 7 !
The first run is also made from the new Carpenter steel that I have been talking about. This steel is called CTS-40CP.
I am not putting these in the XM-18 lottery. These will be sold on a first come first grab basis!
wave.gif

SO if you want to be the first to own the new FieldTac and the first to get a chance to try out a NEW steel alloy be at my booth early both days! I will offer half of them on Friday and Half on Saturday.
toxdance.gif
toxdance.gif

I forgot to add that these first ones are also HANDGROUND!

The price on these is $325.00

I may or may not have the sheaths done by the show, if I don't I will get it to you within a couple weeks after the show. I just didn't want to delay offering these to you all just because of the sheaths!
cool.gif

Thanks everyone!!

Rick

newfieldtac.jpg

This sheath is not made by Rick. It was made by Brian Wagner at Okuden (his company http://www.okuden.net/).

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk to us! 3rd from top- under your newly acquired FieldTac! ( I was going to offer a trade for the FieldTac, but hesitated!) Nice.:thumbsup: