Inova X1 replacement lense

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Anyone know where I can get one? Inova says the lenses are not covered by the warranty and they dont sell them seperatley. :(
img-0143_large.jpg

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
They don't sell them seperately cause they are not user replaceable. The lens is glued onto the reflector assy. What size is it (I'm too lazy to check)?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
If you are just looking to by one or so you get a mineral glass lens here. I've never ordered from the place though & don't know how much shipping would be. Or if you have a local watch repair store they might have one on hand too.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
One can not change the front part without damaging the whole light
(freeze-pop kills the internals)

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact Inova and they will replace the light for you.

sorry I just read that.

Last edited:

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Contact Inova and they will replace the light for you.
I already did, they said the lense is not covered by warranty and will not replace it or the entire light.
darkzero thanks for the link, Ill give them a call.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

???
I was able to freeze pop mine no prob. It cracked the glass lens though. The light still works, I just don't have a glass lens protecting the LED.

seale_navy

Enlightened
Inova states that lens is no covered by warranty.. how ridiculous is that? did u talk to a customer service manager about it?

lens should be covered by warranty in cases of breakage.. if Inova doesnt want to cover the lens, well try to get them sorted out for the last time and dont buy their products anymore..

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
If its a rev 3, its actually 15 or 15.1 replacement. I have a 15mm x .7mm sapphire watch crystal on order from Www.Watchmaterial.Com it should be here in a couple of days. I will let you know how it worked. I measured the opening with calipers I borrowed from one of the engineers at work. It should fit and the height should be OK. I have an old watch case gasket and will make a custom fit one.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it helps if you do shorter freeze compared to a longer, harder freeze. I have done quite a few of these and have had no problems.

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
15mm sapphire crystal worked great. I custom fitted a gasket by trimming down a watch case gasket and screwed the assembly together tightly. The gasket eliminated the rattle and created a nice seal that should be pretty water resistant.

Its my guess that a 15mm x 1mm mineral crystal would fit the bill also, I've seen them as low as $.89. It won't be as scratch resistant as a sapphire crystal but why spend $10 to replace a lens on a $20 light.

Last edited: