Surefire....No Holster?

broncoman529

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Surefire G2 Nitrolon Incandescent Flashlight about 2 or 3 years ago and it came with a nylon holster. I think I paid $40.00 or $50.00 for it. I don't usually throw around that kind of money on a flashlight but you get what you pay for. The only thing I did not realize was the very little run time the G2 Incandescent has. I used the G2 around the house and carried a Maglite AA L.E.D. instead because it had much better run time and the AA's are much easier to replace. Just last week I finally was able to buy a Surefire 6P L.E.D. which I think is an excellent light. My only problem is that it did not come with a holster of any kind. I called Surefire and asked if mine was missing, They told me they do not sell their lights with holsters. I would think when you pay $90.00 for a flashlight that is should come with something to carry it with. Even a $7.00 Mag comes with a holster. The holster does not have to be extravagant but it would be nice to have something to hang the flashlight off your belt.

Thanks for listening,

Larry T.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
The G2 came with a holster right out from a Surefire box? I think your mistaken on that..... Might of been added accessory person threw in.

As far as shipping with no holster.... Usually the brands that do ship with a holster are not very top quality(EX: mini mags) But then again fenix holsters are quite good. So really not an argument there.
Many brands do not come with holsters such as jetbeam, streamlight.

I think it comes down the the extra cost and there are just so many after market options out there(atleast for SF and Streamlight) that they would not even be used.

Last edited:

conan1911

Newly Enlightened
In the time that I have been here (total of 9 years) we have never offered a G2 with a holster in the same package. There was a time when we were getting rid of discontiued holsters and were giving them away with certain lights but I dont recall which lights.

broncoman529

Newly Enlightened
It's possible that the place I bought it(Tactical Arms in Connecticut) may have put a holster in the package but I definitley did not buy one seperate. I understand there are a lot of aftermarket options out there and some may not use an included holster but it would be nice to have a choice. I am currently using the holster that came with my G2. I may buy a leather holster eventually. Does anyone know if the Surefire leather holster retention device will scratch the body of the light? Not that it won't have scratches since I use it a lot but I don't want to make it worse than it has to be. Thanks for all the replies.

Larry T.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's possible that the place I bought it(Tactical Arms in Connecticut) may have put a holster in the package but I definitley did not buy one seperate.

Probably what I would go with.

The G2 should have come in a plastic/paper like package.

It should have been red and black and flipped open, revealing the plastic the light is in.

There isn't a place to put a holster.

If you remember how it came to you (original package, like I stated, or a box) then it would tell you what the deal is.

Point being, unless you bought it so long ago that I wasn't around, it should have come in that package with absolutely NO room for a holster.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
It shouldn't be too hard to find a holster you'll be happy with, but unfortunetly it will cost a few bucks. If you can use the G2 one for a while, you'll come across one at a good price.

If you came here first, you might have bought a Malkoff M60L drop-in for your existing G2 and had funds left over for a holster.

You might look at Spec-Ops, and Maxepedition holsters depending on what style your looking for.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's possible that the place I bought it(Tactical Arms in Connecticut) may have put a holster in the package but I definitley did not buy one seperate.
ALL Surefires, including the G2, used to come in a box, and various dealers and sellers on Amazon and Ebay have offered package deals that included a holster.

The only holster I personally like or recommend is the one that was made by SOE Gear. I don't know the current status, having not ordered from them in awhile(plus John Willis was posting here, but apparently stopped--edit: searched his username and he was active today). These are higher quality than any of the other nylon holsters I've seen, plus give the option of MOLLE/PALS or belt attachment, and a Fastex buckle instead of velcro.
I hate velcro...

http://originalsoegear.com/index.html-look under lights in the menu on the left
You may want to email them if you order, and make sure they know the exact model you want a pouch for, though I don't know if there is an extra charge for specific models.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holster for the G2?
Like this one?
P6025396.jpg

What about for the E1E that holds a spare battery... like this
P5285360.jpg

or maybe this...
P6055401.jpg

Plain one for an E2E perhaps...
P6025400.jpg

I got so tired of trying to find the right holsters for things I just started making them myself. I always prefer a bezel down, loath plastic, and think nylon is cheap junk made in China (no offense to those that wear cheap nylon made in China). I also hate the fact that most holsters are bezel up, which does not lend itself as nicely to my line of work.
I've sold some of what I make in CPF Marketplace, but it is just a hobby as I'm a peace officer by day... and night.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I use the standard SF nylon holster at work (afraid of it flying out of there when I run).

Off duty I use the concealco holster:

15nx8ux.jpg

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the lack of an included holster that big of a deal? I've seen people who LOVED the light but backed out of buying one simply because a holster wasn't offered. (same with leathermans)
It's not that hard to find one

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the lack of an included holster that big of a deal? I've seen people who LOVED the light but backed out of buying one simply because a holster wasn't offered. (same with leathermans)
It's not that hard to find one

Can a holster be a deal breaker I think yes and no. Lights like a 6P good fitting holsters are fairly easy to find. On the other hand some lights are more difficult to find a good fitting holster especially if you want a holster that doesn't have a flap like those that come with Fenix lights.

Some may think its to much to have to spend an extra 10-20 dollars on a holster after they have already spent the max on a light.

For me since I like holsters without a flap I generally use Fenix holsters if the light is a similar size, but I have grown a little tired of having to do that so I can understand someone that must have a holster with the light included.

Last edited: