Is the Kershaw Leek a nice EDC?

FredericoFreire

Enlightened
I'm new to knives, and one Boker Speed Lock is all what I actually have.

I think that the Kershaw Leek is a very nice looking foldable, other than that is very thin and is spring assisted opening.

I can see that the most popular knife brands over the forums are Benchmade and Spyderco.

So that made me to ask, is Kershaw a nice brand? The Leek model is known as a good foldable?

Any inpus will be appreciated. :twothumbs

The Hawk

Enlightened
I own a couple of Kershaw knives and am pleased with them. Although I do not have a Kershaw Leek, I do know that it is a very good EDC knife.

paintballdad

Enlightened
I've EDC'd this blade for about 10 months now. Very sharp right out of the box. The assisted opening is fast and easy to deploy. My knives really don't get abused but they do get used daily. Opening boxes, letters but mainly cutting medical grade tubing. I've only had to run the blade on a steel just to get the edge back. Solid framelock and the only drawback in my opinion is the smooth frame. A bit slippery to what i'm used to but overall it's a nice EDC.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few Kershaw's, one of the best blades for the money in my opinion.

gorn

Enlightened
I've had a Leek since they were first offered for sale. I like it. Kershaw makes nice knives. I also have several of the Chive models. they are smaller but I like the blade design better. Never had trouble with any of my Kershaws.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very thin tip, never try to carve or pry with it. Also not much belly so depends on how you cut that may be an issue. Stainless handle is pretty slippery. Other than these it's a nice little EDC.

FredericoFreire

Enlightened
Thanks everyone for all inputs. Got them today, one plain, one Composite and one Damascus. Loved them!

Autos are allowed here, I heard about Microtech, those are the finest autos around?

carrot

Flashaholic
Microtech is considered amongst the best, yes. And one of the few options if you want an OTF. Spyderco and Benchmade make a few autos, but not very many. Not sure about Kershaw, but I like their regular knives.

Illum

Flashaholic
The leek was my EDC letter opener for many years and it worked well in that state.

Its really dull at the moment and I don't have a sharpener on hand that I know how to operate.:shakehead
Carrot can I mail it to you and have it sharpened?