coleman hi-perf or Rayovac Sportsman Extreme?

cadjak

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking about replacing my Rayovac Sportsman Flourescent lantern. The one with two U flourescents in it. I don't know wattage. I use it for van camping. I will be leaving soon on a 3 month trip. The new Rayovac 4W LED, Sportsman Extreme appeals to me because of it's relatively small size and proce. The new Coleman 8D, Twin LED, High Performance Lantern, appeals to me because of it's adjustable output and potential maximum brightness.

How do these two lanterns compare to my old twin tube flourescent in brightness and runtime?

I use the lantern both inside the van at night and out on a table when preparing dinner, if the sun has already gone down.

I know that I'm forgetting some detail critical detail, :oops:but I think I've hit the important questions that I have.:twothumbs

Thanks

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i got the extreme used it one night for night fishing wasnt bright enough so i doubt it will work for camping.i switched to a dual fuel Coleman thats a lot better

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I am thinking about replacing my Rayovac Sportsman Flourescent lantern. The one with two U flourescents in it. I don't know wattage. I use it for van camping. I will be leaving soon on a 3 month trip. The new Rayovac 4W LED, Sportsman Extreme appeals to me because of it's relatively small size and proce. The new Coleman 8D, Twin LED, High Performance Lantern, appeals to me because of it's adjustable output and potential maximum brightness.

How do these two lanterns compare to my old twin tube flourescent in brightness and runtime?

I use the lantern both inside the van at night and out on a table when preparing dinner, if the sun has already gone down.

I know that I'm forgetting some detail critical detail, :oops:but I think I've hit the important questions that I have.:twothumbs

Thanks
the sportsman has two 9 watt tubes or 18watts on high.. the tubes are about 500 lumens each or probably 800-1000 lumens on high which would take 4 well driven crees to match I think at about 200-250 lumens each.