Intro Post: Location?

TechnoBill

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

I've read the FAQs but haven't found instructions regarding where to post introductions, or if they are required. My apologies if this is in the wrong location.

I've been happily married for 22½ years, we have dogs instead of hominid offspring, I've been a gadget geek since being on the AudioVisual staff in high school. Undergrad and grad work in Philosophy, Systematic Theology, and Communication Theory {w/in Speech Dept.} then a career as a Network Engineer.

My primary interest in illumination devices is as an adjunct tool to defensive firearms and, being moderately well informed regarding secondary weapons, techniques, strengths, and limitations, I appreciate the opportunity to benefit from illumination hounds conversant in the fine details of various technologies, manufacturers, and imminent product development. From the limited exposure to CPF I've had thus far, I've been pleasantly impressed by the collegial attitude and the emphasis on technology and products rather than the pathological, vindictive, religious fanaticism that so often characterizes enthusiast forums of any topic.

I'm looking forward to picking up data, information, and first hand experience from the forum members. Due to a decision when we built our house to stop chasing education and our respective careers, a side tracked career has ended up permanently derailed. Thus, with a lifelong fiscal perspective of "Buy Well. Buy Once.", and precious little discretionary income, making well considered decisions is as important as ever.

SilentK

Enlightened
Nice to see you join CPF TechnoBill. Hope you find that your time here is enjoyable. One word of advice: Make sure you wife is okay with the idea of you spending hundreds on lights. :crackup: Because it would be a bad thing if you got hooked and she gave it a no-go. I think some of the members here have that issue. LOL :grin2:

paintballdad

Enlightened
Nice to see you join CPF TechnoBill. Hope you find that your time here is enjoyable. One word of advice: Make sure you wife is okay with the idea of you spending hundreds on lights. :crackup: Because it would be a bad thing if you got hooked and she gave it a no-go. I think some of the members here have that issue. LOL :grin2:

Hundreds? Now that's an understatement if i ever heard one! :crackup:

TechnoBill

Newly Enlightened
Hundreds? Now that's an understatement if i ever heard one! :crackup:
Oh, I don't think that's going to be a problem. My spending on 'necessary things' is tame these days. I 'stocked the pantry' with secondary and primary projectile systems and identification/targeting systems for same back when my career was rocking. Of course hand held illumination tools were part of the requisite tool kit as well, the majority of which ryhme with Smurf Ire :laughing:. M6, a pair of C3s one for EDC one for SHTF vest, X300, BH Gladius x 2 {One for Mrs. Techno, One for Me}, Insight HX2 Typhoon for EDC, Fenix P3D~Q5 w/ extender to accommodate 3 CR123s for each of us, LDI BLAST for my side of the bed and a BLAST/2 for Mrs. Techno's side of the bed {each mounted on a handy plastic pointing device from Austria}, Pentagon L3-HA with pressure switch on a stick made in Italy labeled M4, and just today a Pentagon S2 Red for stealth operations and protecting night vision.

For us, light is all about control of one's environment. When it comes to home defense, light is lovely but DARK IS DIABOLICAL! Muwahahahah... :devil: :naughty:

With the exception of the P3D~Q5 on 12 lumens or the S2, my illumination tools aren't aids to sight, they're force multipliers! And besides, every responsible advocate and defender of our second amendment rights knows that using deadly force via firearms is a last resort. We've got Schutzhund German Shepherd Dogs to take care of the Deadly Force Department! :popcorn:
The preceding statements represent solely the opinions of the author and are in no way representative of, nor endorsed by the owners, management, or moderators of CandlePowerForums. The author does not condone violence, sarcasm, nor aggressive staring towards sensitive individuals, whirled peas, or overly ripe peaches. Flashlights are good. Everything else is not.

paintballdad

Enlightened
Sounds like you'll fit right in! :welcome:
Oh, I don't think that's going to be a problem. My spending on 'necessary things' is tame these days. I 'stocked the pantry' with secondary and primary projectile systems and identification/targeting systems for same back when my career was rocking. Of course hand held illumination tools were part of the requisite tool kit as well, the majority of which ryhme with Smurf Ire :laughing:. M6, a pair of C3s one for EDC one for SHTF vest, X300, BH Gladius x 2 {One for Mrs. Techno, One for Me}, Insight HX2 Typhoon for EDC, Fenix P3D~Q5 w/ extender to accommodate 3 CR123s for each of us, LDI BLAST for my side of the bed and a BLAST/2 for Mrs. Techno's side of the bed {each mounted on a handy plastic pointing device from Austria}, Pentagon L3-HA with pressure switch on a stick made in Italy labeled M4, and just today a Pentagon S2 Red for stealth operations and protecting night vision.

For us, light is all about control of one's environment. When it comes to home defense, light is lovely but DARK IS DIABOLICAL! Muwahahahah... :devil: :naughty:

With the exception of the P3D~Q5 on 12 lumens or the S2, my illumination tools aren't aids to sight, they're force multipliers! And besides, every responsible advocate and defender of our second amendment rights knows that using deadly force via firearms is a last resort. We've got Schutzhund German Shepherd Dogs to take care of the Deadly Force Department! :popcorn:
The preceding statements represent solely the opinions of the author and are in no way representative of, nor endorsed by the owners, management, or moderators of CandlePowerForums. The author does not condone violence, sarcasm, nor aggressive staring towards sensitive individuals, whirled peas, or overly ripe peaches. Flashlights are good. Everything else is not.