Flashlight Stand/How do you keep your lights?

strinq

Enlightened
Was wondering, how do you keep your lights? Especially those of you who have >10. I only have 3 so far so I just put them in places I want them to be.

And does anyone know where to get flashlight stands like this:

flashlight_lg.gif

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep some placed throughout the house so no matter what room I in a can get to a light if need to quickly. My newest or favorite lights stay with me in my main TV/ get away from the wife room.They sit proudly up on a mantle. The several dozen others stay in bedroom drawers.

Zebadiah

Newly Enlightened
In every room of my house I have one torch light holded near the light switches. If something goes wrong, this will be handy to me.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I have a few retired oldies sitting an a shelf. The rest are scattered around. I don't want my wife to know how many there really are.

Geoff

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
I cut, painted, sanded, routed and attached a 2x4 on edge to the wall as a shelf for my modest collection. I enjoy each morning looking over them and deciding which to carry then at night putting it back in it's place. My only dislike to this approach is if a bad guy gets in he could clean out my collection with one pillow case and 10 seconds.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got several scattered around the house, but have most in a plastic container.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
No displays for me. I have a few different sizes of Plano boxes that house duplicates of favorite models that are used every day and must be replaced from time to time. Dead favorites also go back into the Plano boxes in case I should ever decide to have any of them modded back to life.

Flying Turtle, you crack me up.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Picked this up a place called "HomeGoods"

I think I need another as now the rest of the lights are on my night stand

As you can see my brand new (just got today) Jetbeam RRT-1 not even night time and already loving it.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TW4 and two ARC AAAs on the headboard and a 2 Dcell mag with ar lens & LED and metal wrinkle finish reflector on the table beside the bed and one light in each room. yall can't have too many backups!!!

AusKipper

Enlightened
I cut, painted, sanded, routed and attached a 2x4 on edge to the wall as a shelf for my modest collection. I enjoy each morning looking over them and deciding which to carry then at night putting it back in it's place. My only dislike to this approach is if a bad guy gets in he could clean out my collection with one pillow case and 10 seconds.

Oh My, just the other day I was thinking about getting a piece of wood and drilling holes in it to stick all of my torches in, and then I decided that if someone broke it it would be too easy for them to run off with $500 worth of torches.

All the ones i'm not using go into my filing cabinet (locked). I generally have 3 out at a time anyway, so even if the power goes out, primary and secondary lights fail, i have a 3rd light to find the key and get another out :) .

Even if i'm having a really bad day and every light outside the cabinet dies, i should be able to fumble around in the dark and get it unlocked anyway.

I was also just now thinking, if there is an EMP, will the filing cabinet act as a Faraday cage and protect the circutry of all my fancy LED lights?

strinq

Enlightened
Are break-ins that common an occurance in where you guys live? Or is it just the overprotectiveness over your babies. :grin2:

Good idea on the drilling holes in wood thing. I'd go for acryllic if i have the cash, and install some mini-leds to light em up.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are everywhere it seems! On shelves, in boxes, pushed into the corners, in the car, the workshop, on the kitchen counter...if they were fuzzy, they'd be Tribbles!!! No special places--usually just a second out of my memory for me to figure out where I put the one I really need for the job!

Karl

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an Ikea Detolf for display. I only use the top shelf. I have a SF acrylic display to display my Darpa SF DEF3C or my Porcupine. I switch them out every so often.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
My collection has been paired down. I have various lower end lights scattered around the house-mini mags and 2D lights with drop-ins etc. My high end EDC lights sit in a nice watch case along with my EDC knives. There are 4 light and 2 knives that sit in the 6 slots in the case which has a glass top so I can see the lights. I usually EDC the same light (LS20) and knife (Small Sebbie) but I do change them up depending on mood, where I am going, or what light hasn't gotten much use lately. I also have the identical case for 6 watches sitting beside the light and knife case.

MWClint

Enlightened
I'm using a wooden spice rack, i'd like a nicer case with a hinged glass front..but this will do for now...plus it was free.

all-1.jpg

strinq

Enlightened
Yep.
He's gonna need a floor to ceiling bookshelf soon. :D

Anyone knows where to get the surefire display cases? Or is it only custom made for them and not for sale anywhere.

SilentK

Enlightened
Mostly scatered around my room. but seeing as i dont have all that impressive of a collection, i would have no reason for any real storage device. sometimes i will lock my lights in my "safe turned faraday cage." :rolleyes: found one in bed a few times. :shrug: