Hello everyone, ive heard alot of people here asking how tough the TK40 is, so i went on a mission to find out.
Here i have a brand new TK40 fresh from the box.
Now i will try to kill it.
The light is loaded with 8 eneloops and masking tape wraped around the magazine to stop it rattling. The light is off during the test exept the freeze test, i hit the switch every now and then when dropping it etc to see if it died during these things.
Listed in order of occurance.
1. 15 drops 2.5ft bezel down over concrete
2. 15 drops 2.5ft tail down over concrete
3. 15 drops 2.5ft horizontal over concrete
4. 20 drops 3ft mid air spiral over crushed brick
5. Run over with 1400kg (3800lb) car approx 12 times both horizontal and vertical. Over both concrete and crushed brick.
6. Frozen in block of ice for 24hrs.
7. Left submerged in salt water 7ft deep for 12hrs.
8. Dragged behind car over gravel for 2km (1.3mi) at 20kph (12.5mph).
9. Placed in boiling water for 3 minutes.
The light works as it did when new. There was no damage to the battery magazine which i thought would be the first thing to fail, the window also survived. Switch is fine and all modes work. There was no water inside after being frozen and submerged.
Heres what it looks like now.
And some progress pictures, sorry i didnt take pictures of everthing i did.
Being run over.
Being frozen for 24hrs.
Being boiled for 3 min.
Thats all for now folks, thanks for viewing.
Tomorrow im gunna start on Test 2, which will involve more extreme torture.